There's a child! (Levi x Reader)

(A/N: Lmao sorry I love this idea so I had to do it too 😂🤧)
———————————————————

After an exhausting day of training the new set of cadets, I trudged my way over to my office to finish some paperwork for the Captain before he gets angry about it.
But as I opened my office door, I was met with a shocking view..

There's a child in my office!

I stood froze in my spot, not knowing how to comprehend why there was a 3 year old standing next to my desk, staring right back at me.

And I didn't turn around as I heard hesitant footsteps from behind me. I didn't have to, I already knew who it was.

"Hange?"

"yes Y/N?" came the sheepish voice of my best friend from behind me.

"Whose goddamn child is that?"

".. So my experiment may or may not have gone wrong, and that may or may not be the Captain"

"HANGE!!"

———————

"Ahhh Hange why did you have to come to me for help! You know I'm hopeless in these matters!" I groaned.

"Actually I didn't choose to" they replied.

"Huh?"

"Im serious! Levi ran all the way to your office by himself and was refusing to leave until you came in, that's when he went silent" Hange explained.

Oh.

I let out a sigh as I slowly approached the skinny, jet black haired boy, who was still staring at me intensely, as if he was trying to remember something.

I crouched down to his height and greeted him. "Nice to meet you" I spoke, as I cautiously held my hand out to the boy. But instead of shaking it, he curiously stared at them, settling with playing with my fingers instead, with his own tiny hands. How sweet.

"He's probably plotting ways to break your fingers" Hange spoke.

"HANGE!"

The boy flinched at my yell, and held his hands up defensively, as if to protect himself. Guilt flooded through me as I realised why he did that.

God knows what Levi had to go through as a child.

I apologised to him immediately, presenting my hands to him again so he can settle down.

Hange let out a hum, making me turn around to look at them.

"Maybe it's best we just keep Levi with you" Hange said with a hand on their chin. "if any of the cadets spots you and Levi on the way to Erwin, they may.. you know.." they trailed.

"Say it you coward"

They stifled a laugh at my comment, before adding "Well the child obviously looks like Levi, and you're the one holding it.. so they're gonna assume it's your child with Levi"

Their comment was quick to make my face heat up with embarrassment, with Hange howling in laughter at my blush, and little Levi staring at me incredulously for blushing.

I guess his judgemental habits were from day one.

———

Soon Hange merrily left the office, promising that the effect will most likely go soon and that there wasn't anything to worry about.

I let out a sigh, as I set little Levi in my lap, letting him scribble on some paper, as I finished off some paperwork. He wasn't much of a talker, even as a child, so we settled for some comfortable silence. But every now and then I could feel his stare.

"Hey Levi, do you remember me?" I asked out of the blue, when I caught his stare.

Little Levi stared blankly back at me, before immediately pulling his skinny little arms around my neck, attempting to pull me in for a hug.

"I'll take that as a yes" I said as I giggled, pulling him in for a proper hug.

He looked up at me at the sound of my giggles, once again inspected my face for a second, then crashed his little face into my neck for comfort.

I cooed at his cuteness, as he lay there, until I realised he was not moving from this spot, I look down at him, to see him slowly drifting off to sleep.

"Goodnight Levi" I whispered.

"Night wuv you" he spoke for the first time, as he fell asleep, leaving me in shock.

———————

I could feel someone poking my cheek, as I woke up from my slumber. It was dark? Oh crap , I must have drifted off to sleep.

As I peeled my eyes open, I was met with an adult Levi staring back to me with that same blank stare from before.

"Levi! Hi! You're back I guess! Well-" I rambled, not sure how to explain what happened.

"No need to explain brat, I realised" he mumbled.

I let out a sigh of relief, as I looked at my surroundings.
Sure, it was still dark, I'm guessing it was nighttime, but hey? Why am I in bed? I'm sure I was on my desk I-

"I brought you to bed you idiot" Levi said, as if he read my mind. "Oh" I replied, trying my best to not blush.

He sighed "but thank you for taking care of me Y/N" he said as he leaned in closer to me, placing a hand to the back of my head to pull me in closer as he kissed the corner of my lips. It wasn't much but I relished it.

"Hey where are you going?" I asked as he suddenly got off the bed and made his way to the door.

"To kill four eyes. Goodnight Y/N"