There's a child! (Jean x Reader)

A/N: Hey my lovelies! Making another one of these to make up for how short the Levi one was! 🤧 So be warned! This one is a bit longer! Enjoy! <3
———————————————-

As I made my way over to meet up with rest of the squad so we could all head down to lunch together, I was met with a shocking sight half way which made me freeze.

There's a child!

All my friends, Armin, Sasha, Connie, Mikasa, and Eren was huddling around it, with Eren and the child screaming at each other.

I walked closer to get a better sight of what was going on. "Hey what's going on here?" I asked.

Suddenly the child and Eren both stopped screaming when they looked at me. I gasped when I got a better look at the child, he looked about 5 or 6 years old. He had Jean's exact hairstyle and his facial features, but softer looking.

"Y/N! I'm so close to killing this little shit! Hange accidentally turned Jean into a child during one of their experiments!" Eren yelled.

What?!

Jean scowled at Eren once more and kicked him in the shin, making Eren hiss in pain before they both went back to having a screaming match. Even Mikasa struggled to calm either of them down. Jean screamed every time she attempted to get near him, claiming she was 'scary'.

Huh I would've thought Mikasa would be able to calm Jean down but I guess not.

"Jean calm down" I said, adding to everyone's futile attempt to calm them down.

But it worked.

Jean immediately stopped screaming and looked over towards me. His lips were brought into a pout and he ran towards me, disregarding everyone else, which left everyone in shock. He wrapped his arms around my leg, and looked up at me "but y/n! He's ugly and mean!" Jean explained, pointing at Eren who was still scowling, making me stifle a laugh.

"Wow he still remembers you Y/N!" Connie gasped.
"I guess he favours you! Maybe it's best if Y/N takes care of Jean today?" Armin said, "don't worry I'll let captain know, so he can dismiss you guys from your duties today" he added with a smile.

"Thanks Armin!" I replied.

As everyone walked to the mess hall, I looked down at little Jean who now seemed bashful when I asked him if he wanted to hold my hand.

He was screaming like a demon a second ago, what made him settle down so easily?

He nodded before I took his hand into mine and we also headed down to eat.

————————————————

Usually there would only be loaf of breads or protein wheat bars, but somehow Sasha managed to steal some omelettes for little Jean and some other luxury foods for the rest of the gang. Man, this girl had a real talent.

As Sasha placed down the omelette, I shuffled the plate towards little Jean. "So Jean, I heard you like omelettes" I said to him with a nudge.

The boy gasped, making his small mouth form an 'o' shape, now both his tiny hands grabbing my arm and shaking it "Heyy!! How did you knowww" He questioned me.

I stifled a laugh before saying "Your momma told me!"
He looked even more shocked now, bouncing his legs because he couldn't contain his excitement. "You know momma?" He asked, his eyes glossing in excitement. "Yes!" I answered. Technically I wasn't lying because he did tell me about his mom.

The boy seemed more comfortable with me now. He still didn't warm up to Eren, as he glared at Eren every time the brunette attempted to talk to me, his tiny hands wrapping around my arm protectively.