22.| ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴘʜᴏʟᴇ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.
   [22]. There's Always a Loophole.
PART TWO
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ɴᴏᴡ, ɢᴏ, ɢᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴅᴀᴍɴ ʜᴇʀᴏ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ɴᴏᴡ, ɢᴏ, ɢᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴ
ʜᴇʀᴏ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

SHORTLY AFTER THE BULLET caught the hybrid who took a step in front of Lizzie to take the shot for her; he was taken away. Not only him but the girls as well. Two of Burr's men entered Alaric's office, grabbing the teens aggressively and pulling them towards the cellars. There was no fighting during the process, mostly because the girls were too busy carrying Malik who was hissing out in pain the entire time.

"Why would you do that?" Lizzie voiced, looking at the boy.

Malik looks up at her, he gives her a worn-out look. Sweat dripped from off his brows to the ground, his eyes narrowed as he stared the blonde down. She felt guilty. And oddly Malik was able to tell that it wasn't because he took the bullet for her. It was deeper than that.

"Trust me, I didn't want to. But me caring for you got in the way." Malik admits with a low tone.

Lizzie scoffs. "I could've taken it."

"Yes, cause I truly want to spend hours hearing you cry out in pain," Malik spoke with sarcasm. "Next time a gun gets pointed at us. I'll tell them to shoot you first."

"That looks painful," Josie interrupts their conversation as she eyes the wound.

Malik looks down. "Oh, this little thing? I could hardly notice it."

Hope shakes her head. "You shouldn't have done that."

"And this ladies is why I'm always a dick. When you risk your life, you get scolded." Malik rolls his eyes.

"You should be healing."

Malik sighs. "Well with a wound this deep... it takes some time to heal. I'll be fine."

"You don't know that, Malik!" Hope blurts out, earning a surprised look. "It's spreading. Veins are little surrounding the wound. It looks infected. You should be healing. This isn't supposed to be happening to you and you know it."

"I understand Hope... but we've never dealt with this type of weapon." Malik calmly responds. "Let's not focus on this, okay? We need to figure out how the hell we're going to get everyone's powers back."

No arguing was heard. They all seemed to have agreed with the boy's plan.

"Thank you—"

"Hey!" One of the guards hit the cellar bar with the paddle. "Keep it down in there!"