Chapter 1 | "ignore him"

"Hyemi, come on! We have to go!"

"Gimme one sec, Jeno, I'll be right down!"

Hyemi stared at herself in the mirror, smoothing her skirt and giving her makeup one last check before grabbing her bags.

Today was her first day of college. She would be attending Seoul National University, the same school that her older brothers, Mark and Taeyong, would be going to.

"There you are, slow poke, let's go!" Jeno grabbed her hand and dragged her out of their shared apartment.

"Where are Kyunghee and Jichang?" Hyemi asked as  she walked along the street with her best friend.

"They left the apartment early this morning to go and grab some food. They asked if we wanted to go but I figured you'd want to sleep a bit." Jeno said with a shrug.

"You got that right." She replied with a laugh. "Got all your things ready for the auditions after school?"

"Duh." He responded with a smile, holding up his dance bag. "I hope we get recruited for a good team."

"I'm sure we will. You know that Taeyong wants us on his team anyway."

"That's one plus of having your brother around. His team is amazing."

"Well, they're not the All Stars team, those guys are the national champions, but 8th best team in the country isn't bad at all."

"Out of over 100 teams? Yeah I'd say your brother has a pretty good group. I'm not even thinking about being recruited for the All Stars team, those guys are out of my league."

"Yeah same," Hyemi said with a laugh. "Where are Jichang and- AH."

Hyemi was tackled to the ground by another one of their best friends, Kyunghee. Jichang followed soon after, helping the two girls off the ground.

"Hyemi! You made it!"

"Hi Kyunghee, you know we literally live together. You don't need to tackle me." Hyemi laughed out, dusting off her skirt.

"Yeah, but it's fun. Come on, let's go find our lockers!" Kyunghee linked arms with her and dragged her towards the main building, the boys following behind them.

- - -

"So, we have an hour until orientation... what should we do?" Jichang asked after they had dropped off their backpacks and dance bags in their lockers.

"I don't know... maybe go explore or something? Keep a low profile for now." Hyemi replied.

"Well why don't we-"

Jeno cut off by squeals and whispers coming from the end of the hallway.

"What's that?" He asked, trying to figure out who was coming their way.

Hyemi, also curious, leaned into the center of the hallway, trying to catch a glimpse of who was heading their way. After meeting eyes with a familiar face, she let out a groan, leaning her head into Jeno as her cheeks were already heating up in an embarrassed blush.

"What's wrong, Hye?" He asked, chuckling slightly at her actions. She just shook her head and let out a mumble.

"So much for keeping a low profile..."

As the crowd split, the others finally saw who was coming towards them.

"Hey, baby sister, welcome to Uni."

Hyemi turned away from Jeno to face her brothers, meeting her eldest brother's goofy smile.

"Hi Taeyong." She said with a smirk. "Hi Mark." She added, seeing her other brother at Taeyong's side.