ᴅ ᴇ ᴀ ᴛ ʜ ᴏ ғ ᴀ ғ ʀ ɪ ᴇ ɴ ᴅ

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Sage pushed open the large front doors of the Cameron house. The familiarity of the house seemed to comfort her in a way that she couldn't describe. Rose stood at the top of the stairs, and flashed Sage a big smile.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you?" She asked, making her way down the stairs, embracing Sage into a big hug. Sage couldn't help but wonder if she knew what had happened.

"I've been better." Sage muttered under her breath.

"What was that?" Rose asked, pulling away from the hug, cocking her head at Sage.

"Oh, I said I'm good." Sage lied, pasting on a fake smile. Rafe reached over and interlaced his hand with hers.

Sage knew that when he did this, he was uncomfortable, and signaling to her that he wanted to leave.

"Good, good. There's left overs from dinner in the fridge, and I'll be in my room if you two need anything." She said, walking off with her stainless steel tumbler in her hands as usual. Rafe led Sage upstairs into his room, and she grew nervous now that they were alone.

Was he mad at her for ditching him? Leaving him alone, and bleeding while she chased after her best friends.

Rafe plopped down on his bed, and looked at Sage confused. She looked down, messing with her fingernails, and Rafe made his way over to her.

"I'm not mad at you." Rafe spoke, almost as if he was reading Sage's mind. Rafe placed his finger under her chin, and forced her to look at him. He leaned in, and he softly kissed her lips.

Sage melted into the kiss, missing his touch even if they had only apart a short amount of time. He pulled away, and he looked at her, placing his hand on her cheek.

"I missed you." He spoke, placing his forehead against hers. Sage smiled, before pecking his lips one last time. Rafe took her hand in his, and led her into his bathroom where he turned on the shower. The hot water caused the room to fill with steam, and warmed Sage's body.

Rafe stripped off his clothes, and got in. Sage pulled her dirty shirt off over the top of her head, and slipped the rest of her clothes off, joining him in the shower. Sage watched the water run down his body, and smiled.

"What?" He asked, lathering his hair with a generous amount of shampoo.

"Nothing." Sage said, looking down at her feet. Rafe and Sage traded spots so she was now under the water, soaking her hair.

"Turn around." He said. Sage turned around and was facing the water, she heard movement, and his hands started to rub her hair, lathering shampoo throughout. Sage closed her eyes, and took in the relaxation that came with him massaging her head.

"Please don't ever leave me again." Rafe spoke, as he stopped massaging Sage's head. Rafe had always feared being alone. Even though his family treated him like an outcast, at least he wasn't alone.