ʀᴇsᴄᴜᴇ ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ

☼ ☼ ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

Sage heard rapid knocks on the bathroom door, and she stirred. And she started to regret the night she spent sleeping in the bathtub.

"Hey, can you get Mr. Singh?" Kie's voice echoed. Sage pulled herself up from the bathtub, and pulled open the bathroom door.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Rafe asked, walking toward Kie.

"Don't talk to me!" Kie said, holding a hand up to his face. "Honestly I should kill you for everything you put Sage through." Kie said, her fists clenched.

Sage cleared her throat, and Rafe and Kie both turned to look at her. Kie brushed her off, continuing to bang on the locked door.

"What are you doing, Kie?" Sage asked, stepping out of the bathroom.

"I'm telling Singh about the copy of the diary. I want out of here." Kie said, and Sage shook her head.

"Are you crazy? We already lost the cross as it is." Sage said, and Rafe shifted his weight from one foot to the other. A guard pushed open the door, and looked at Kie.

"I need to talk to Mr. Singh." Kie said, and the guard nodded, grabbing Kiara by the arm. He closed and locked the door behind him, leaving Sage alone with Rafe.

"Sage." He spoke softly, and Sage turned, making a beeline for the bathroom. She closed the door, locking herself inside once again. "Come on, just talk to me." Rafe begged, rattling the door handle.

She paced around the bathroom, internally debating if she should. She does sort of owe him an explanation as to why she left, but she didn't have the strength to talk to him.

"Please, Sage." Rafe begged, and Sage sighed. She pulled the door open, and she finally looked at him.

Since she'd last seen him, his hair was now buzzed, his jawline more prominent, and if it was even possible, he seemed taller.

"Hi." Rafe said, looking into Sage's eyes. Sage gave him a small smile, before she wrapped her arms around her body insecurely. "Can I hug you?" Rafe asked, and Sage backed away.

"No." Sage said, looking down at her feet.

"Look, I thought about reuniting with you since you left, and... I- I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything." Rafe apologized, and Sage looked at him.

"You're sorry? I left you." Sage stated, and Rafe shook his head.

"I'm sorry about more than that, and you know it. I'm sorry for everything I put you and your friends through, especially you. I truly never deserved you, Sage." Rafe explained, and Sage shook her head.