ғᴀʟsᴇ ʜᴏᴘᴇ

☼ ☼ ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

Sage climbed up the side of one of the trains, following behind her friends. Pope had helped her up onto the train, and they stood looking out at all the train cars.

"There's like a thousand trains here." Kiara sighed.

"Well we know it's car 750X on the track to Raleigh." Pope pointed out.

"Yeah, so, now we just gotta find it." JJ said.

"Well, news flash. We're not getting out of here unnoticed with a giant cross." Kiara pointed out.

"We don't have to. We can nab it somewhere further in the country." Pope said. "Just gotta figure out how to stop the train." Pope added.

"Leave that to me." JJ said, and everyone held back their eye rolls.

Everyone absolutely loved JJ's extravagant plans.... NOT.

"How are you gonna do that? Shoot the conductor, or stop the train with your bare hands?" Sage asked, and JJ scoffed. "Ou, or maybe he can carry the cross on his back all the way home." Sage added, earning laughs from her friends.

"Wow, glad to know you believe in me. I got an uncle up in New Bern, right? When he got tipsy, he'd just throw an old chain across the tracks for shits and giggles, and that little chain would stop all the train traffic." JJ said.

"A chain?" Kie asked.

"He's actually right. There's a low voltage current that runs across all rail tracks. Throw a chain on it, you close that circuit. It would read as another train, and the crossing lights come down. Science is actually pretty sound." Pope explained.

"Science, Sage. I know my science." JJ said, pointing his finger just centimeters from her face. She lightly bit his finger, and JJ winced.

"We don't have a chain." Pope pointed out.

"Topper's dad might have jumper cables in the truck. Would that work?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah." Pope said.

"Yo, what's going on? Are we doing this or what?" Topper asked, standing by the truck, throwing his hands in the air.

"Don't be so high maintenance!" Sage called out, and Topper flashed her his middle finger.

"All right, you all wait here. Me and Pope will go look for it, and send a signal once we find it." Cleo said.