ʙ ʀ ᴏ ᴋ ᴇ ɴ ʜ ᴏ ᴍ ᴇ

Everyone was piled into the small courtroom awaiting John B's sentence

Everyone was piled into the small courtroom awaiting John B's sentence. Most were hoping for him to rot in jail for life, but there were only a select few that knew the truth, and wanted his freedom.

"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statue section fourteen, you are charged with murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty." The judge spoke.

Sage looked to her right and saw Sarah sob, Kie comforting her. JJ stood up, and wasn't going to leave his two sense to himself.

"Your honor, he's seventeen!" JJ yelled, making his way closer to the stand. "He's seventeen are you kidding me?" JJ yelled, and the judge ignored his comments and left the room.

"JJ, don't." Pope said, pushing him away.

"John B, we're gonna figure it out, okay? Hang in there." JJ said. Sarah snuck past the crowd, and called out his name.

"John B!" Sarah called out, holding her arm out because she knew this might be the last time she saw him. John B tried to walk over to her, but was drug out of the room by a security guard.

"John B, no!" Sarah said, trying to make her way closer to him. Sarah was grabbed by a police officer, and Kie stepped in.

"Stop! Don't touch her!" Kie yelled, yanking the officers arm off of Sarah. "Let's go Sarah, let's get out of here." Kie said, pulling Sarah away.

Sage was still sitting, frozen. Sage felt someone grab her wrist, and pull her outside.

"Where were you huh? We called you, and you didn't pick up! You with him, weren't you?" JJ yelled, slamming her back against the wall outside.

Sage winced, and Pope pulled JJ away from Sage, and looked at him confused.

"Dude, what is wrong with you?" Pope asked JJ.

"She probably could've helped us if she would pick up the fucking phone." JJ said, running a hand through his hair.

"Are you fucking with me right now? You've got to be joking, because if you're not, I'm this close to punching you in the fucking face." Sage said angrily, looking JJ up and down, and he didn't say anything.

"How is this my fault, huh? Please enlighten me." Sage said, crossing her arms over her chest and stepping closer to JJ.

"You're sleeping with the enemy, Sage!" JJ yelled, gaining everyone around them's attention. Sage looked around, and started to grow self conscious.

"Listen JJ, I've tried to help you guys. I do everything for you guys, no matter what. Where are you guys when I need you?" Sage asked. "I broke up with Rafe for you! Do you know how bad that hurt me? I love him, and no one asked me how I was doing. No one!" Sage screamed.

"Sage, do you hear yourself? You're fucking delusional, bitch." JJ spat, and Sage raised her hand, and slapped him across the face harshly. Everyone's hands found their way to their mouths and gasped.