ᴍ ᴏ ᴍ ᴍ ʏ ɪ s s ᴜ ᴇ s

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Sage sat across from Rafe in the booth of a new pizza place that neither of them had tried before. Sage hadn't been hanging out with anyone but Rafe for a while, and although Rafe didn't mind, he was concerned.

He knew she needed her friends, she loved her friends, and they just did a shitty thing.

"Here's your pizza guys, enjoy." The waiter spoke, setting the pizza down on the table. Sage reached over and grabbed two pieces, and Rafe grabbed four.

"Only four? Are you going on a diet?" Sage said sarcastically. Rafe rolled his eyes at her comment, but then laughed because he did find it funny.

"I'll give you credit because that was funny." Rafe said, taking a large bite of his pizza. He looked over at Sage enjoying her slice, and he smiled. Every time he looked at Sage, he fell in love with her all over again.

"Why are you staring?" Sage asked, setting down her slice of pizza.

"Because I love you." Rafe said, and Sage smiled at his comment.

She had never felt this way about anyone before, and it gave her permanent butterflies in her stomach whenever she was with him.

"I love you more." Sage said, and Rafe laughed.

"Definitely not possible." Rafe said, giving Sage a wink. Rafe had finished his four slices of pizza, and Sage finished both of hers.

The waiter came over with the check, and Rafe grabbed it before Sage even had a chance to reach for it.

"Rafe, you can't pay for our dates forever. I'm gonna get the bill one of these times." Sage said, and Rafe shook his head.

"Nope, absolutely not. I will always be paying." Rafe said, and Sage rolled her eyes at his gentlemanliness. Sage and Rafe stood up to leave, Sage straightening out her shirt.

"To go order for Charlotte." A woman spoke, grabbing Sage's attention. She sounded an awful lot like her mom, she thought. She looked over to the counter, and saw the brunette woman who looked a lot like her.

Sage froze, eyes wide, and heart heavy. Rafe noticed her sudden stop, and turned to look at her and noticed something was wrong when she nearly had tears falling down her cheeks.

"Um, Sage? What's wrong?" Rafe asked, standing in front to face her. Sage snapped out of her stare, and ran her hands through her hair, taking a deep breath to calm herself down.

"My... mom." Sage croaked out, on the verge of tears. Rafe turned to look at the women grabbing her box of pizza, and saw where Sage got her looks from. "Lets go before she sees me." Sage said, grabbing Rafe's hand and dragging him to the front door.

"Sage!" Her mother's voice called out. Sage started to walk faster, and pushed open the front door and headed over to Rafe's car.

"Unlock it." Sage said, impatiently pulling at the handle of the locked car door. Sage could see her mother getting closer from the corner of her eye, and pulled at the door handle again, hoping it had opened.