chapter 3

,, ----

Behind the tiger's strips lies the hidden truth.

----,,

𝚃𝚊𝚎𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

The wind brushed my cheeks, I pressed the pedal harder in the secluded road near the fields. My anger splurging inside me, I muttered curses and took a sharp left turn. My breathing was ragged, I couldn't control my anger towards my family especially my father.

I hated seeing him after all these months he left me at home, alone. My mother died when she gave birth to me, my own father neglecting me and enjoys his riches by himself. I ended up being a slave at my own home.

You ask why?

He doesn't even know that I'm his own son.

Thinking about him makes my blood boil, without thinking I left that stupid place. I decided to stay with uncle Ji-Yong in the faraway city where he wouldn't find me. He's gonna use me, fuck him.

My lips let out a sigh, slowing down the car on the fields near a big tree. I parked, stretching my body as I let out a breath of relief. The air was fresh, calming me.

My legs moved me, squatting down as I heard a meek squeak nearby. It was a trapped bird, my lips turned into a frown as I picked up the poor animal.

A rope was tied around the bird, it couldn't fly away. I pulled the string and the bird immediately open its wings, it looked at me then chirped before flying away. I smiled, glancing at the little bird.

"You're welcome,"

My eyebrows scrunched hearing a loud thud nearby. I slowly walked towards the sound's direction, hiding beneath the tall grass. It was a girl, kissing the soil?

"It looks comfortable,"

I teased, she quickly glanced up and blushed rushed to her cheeks. I listened to her bickering, I noticed that she's quite...formal.

She sounds polite yet witty, with the double meaning behind her words. 

Interesting.

I bit the inside of my cheeks, pretending to think about her offer. Does she need my help? I couldn't help myself, could I help her even?

I contemplated inside my head, she looks fragile that can easily be broken. She's slightly shaking, making my lips frown. My mother's words came to my mind.

"Help anyone in need, no matter who they are,"

"Taehyung, just call me Taehyung,"

I chuckled at her flustered face, offering my hand to help her stand. She nodded, looking away. I looked down, searching for my keys in my pockets but I felt her tugging on my shirt. I looked at her, an eyebrow raised.

"Pardon me but may I ask where is the cart that you mentioned earlier? I don't see any horses either..."

She bit her thumb, looking around. I looked at her, dumb-folded. She looked back at me, her eyes full of innocence.

Don't tell me she doesn't know?

"It's car, not cart. You must be mistaken, lady Jennie," 

I pointed out, yet she still stubbornly shook her head. "I believe that I heard you correctly,"

"Lady Jennie!"

Shouts were heard nearby, I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. I looked at her again, she was shaking, petrified even.

I held her shoulder, leaning down. "Hey, they're looking for you. Do you know them?"

I asked her, but she looked completely frozen. I pursed my lips, sighing as I was left with no choice. I gently grabbed both of her shoulders, forcing her to look at me.

"Did you...escape from your family?"

I asked, she looked away, nodding her head. I closed my lips, stopping myself from asking her about her problems. She looks like she wanted to run away from them, I held on to her wrist and dragged her towards the car.

I helped her buckled her seatbelt before jogging to the other side, and wore the seatbelt. The engine roar, once I ignited it then pushed the accelerator. She jumped from her seat, awake from her daydream.

I chuckled at her cuteness, glancing to check on her. 

"You okay?"

I asked, she nodded her head while gaping, touching the interior of the car. She looks like a baby, curious about everything.

"What's the name of this?" she gleamed at me, her eyes full of curiosity. I bit my lower lip, trying to stifle a chuckle.

"I don't name my cars, lady Jennie," 

I explained, but she pouted her lips. "Why not?"

"I'm too lazy to think about it,"

"You should give her a name, or it's a boy maybe?"

She looked at the side-mirror closely, she placed her index on her lower lip as she stared. I shook my head, focusing on the road ahead even though it's secluded.

"The car doesn't have a gender nor a name. You can name it if you want,"

"Really?"

I smiled at her, nodding my head.

"I'll name it Taennie," 

"Why would you name it Taennie? I thought you'll call it Cloudy or any cutesy names you girls like,"

I told her, moving the stirring wheel to the left for a turn. "Simple, Taehyung and Jennie equal Taennie," she shrugged her shoulders, continuing her mini exploring on my car. My lips lift up in a small smirk, she's interesting indeed.

"What's that?" she asked, pointing at the radio box.

"That's the radio," I replied, she turned it on.

"Hello!" the radio boomed, making Jennie jump on her seat. I covered my mouth with my free hand. She looks adorable, but I won't admit it to her.

Taehyung never admits.

"It talks!" she said, surprised.

"Yea, the DJ is currently speaking," I explained to her, I glanced at her from the rear-mirror. Her eyes are glimmering with curiosity.

"That's magic! Is there a Genie inside? That DJ must be the Genie. I've always wanted to be like Jasmine,"

I opened my mouth to deny her but I was cut off...

"How are you today?"

"I'm fine, thank you. How about you?" she innocently answered back.

"Are you bored? Hungry?"

"Oh my, how did you know?"

"Kitkat is the thing for you. It's chocolate heaven in a bar, in your nearest convenience stores now,"

"Mr. Taehyung, we should buy one," she excitedly spoke, tugging on my sleeves. I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Why would we?" I decided to tease her for the time being, raising an eyebrow at her.

"The Genie granted my wish, I wished that I'll eat something because I'm hungry and it replied,"

"You really are naive about the world, lady Jennie..."

She got tricked by an ad, it seems she knew nothing about the modernized world at all.

----

Vote. Comment. Follow.

----

Planet_A