chapter 26

,, ----

The icy prince's odd behaviour.

----,,

𝚃𝚊𝚎𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

I frowned when my gaze fell at the sleeping girl on the couch. She looks peaceful, I continued gazing at her and pushed off the strand from her face gently.

Her cat eyes were shut closed, her long nose to her pinkish cheeks. My gaze stopped at her slightly pale lips, her breathing was barely audible.

I looked away, pushing myself farther from the couch.

I grabbed the towel from her forehead, careful not to wake her up and dipped it on the water before squeezing the excess water, placing it on her forehead again.

Jennie was slightly pale, making me frown at her sickly features. She's been working hard, from learning everything she could about modernization.

I'm proud of her but worried at the same time.

It's okay to work hard, but it wouldn't be healthy if you overwork yourself.

I didn't know the reason why she became sick, when I heard the news, I lied about having a day off to tend to her.

Namjoon-hyung can handle my work anyways, he's my secretary after all. I'll treat him to dinner soon.

As soon I arrived at the doorstep, I stopped my hand midway. My eyes furrowed, when a sudden thought entered my mind.

Why am I doing this?

I bit my lower lip and staring at the plastic bag in my hand. My lips let out a deep sigh, pushing my hair back before knocking on the door.

There I saw her, pale and weak. She was shivering and I couldn't help myself from helping her. I frowned when she forced herself to serve me tea even when she's sick.

Fck etiquette, she's sick for goodness sakes!

I forced her to rest on the couch and did everything else. Till now, I stayed by her side, scrolling through google to help quickly get rid of her fever.

My eyebrows furrowed as I stared attentively at the screen while scratching my head, taking down notes on the paper I laid down on the table.

I dusted off the invisible dirt from my pants and stood straight. I pushed the table away then connected the other couch towards the couch where Jennie was resting to avoid her falling on the floor.

I went inside her pink room and came out with her other comforter, pushing the comforter to her shoulders.

I adjusted the room temperature, placing the medicine and water on the nearby table just in case she wakes up.

My feet walked towards the kitchen table where I placed my bag and the padded jacket was put. Wearing the jacket, I pushed my hair back as I walked to the door, closing it shut.

I made sure to lock the door before heading towards the elevator to go to the nearby pharmacy.

I exited the apartment building, inhaling the cold morning area. Tucking my hands inside my pockets, clenching my fist from the cold.