chapter 39

,, ----

Japan: a place where my freedom is locked tightly.

----,,

𝙹𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

My lips lifted in a forced smile, bowing at the servants as they led me inside my fathers' rest house in Japan.

I didn't enjoy the scenery that I initially thought my reaction would be when I would visit one day. The day came, but I was far from happy.

The cherry blossom petals fluttered around the garden, sitting on the gazebo drinking tea to distract me.

To hide my real emotions again from everything. I must channel inside my inner childish personality, turning myself into a trained young heiress.

I must hide how I truly feel to lead my people, this has been my destiny. We truly can't change our fate, no matter how many times we tried to run away.

Such as we tried to reach for the stars, they are too impossible to reach for every star. A beautiful impossible dream.

My lips subtly sipped the tea, before letting out a small sigh as I lowered the cup and saucer.

"Mr Lee, please clean the table if you may..." I order the servant which he bowed respectfully then picked up the utensils and plates.

I stared in front, blinking as my gaze was unfocused and even empty.

The light tussles from the water in the pond brought memories. It reminded me of the time I was lost in the park's forest.

My lips let out a bitter chuckle, such fun times.

"Young heiress, Lord Kim called through the telephone earlier. He told me to pass the message that you shall be wed in the next 3 days. The mayor has been excited and pestered his son to hurriedly come to Japan to prepare everything for your arrival. He wishes to meet you tomorrow... And one more thing,"

He breathed out, clearing his throat." They mentioned inviting your friends but that would be too absurd. You don't have any friends, so your mother and I will sort the invitations for you. That's all, goodbye."

He hung up on the call before I could mutter any word yet I pursed my lips closed and returned the telephone to the servant before collapsing my head on the table, dejected.

I wanted to do something...violent towards my father, yet that would be too bothersome.

Calm yourself, Jennie Kim. Don't let these nerves get the best of you, their lives are in your hands.

I slowly lifted my head, propping my chin on my palm as I observed the calm atmosphere of Japan.

The leafy vines were swaying subtly, the cold breeze passed through as it hit my skin. I pushed myself off the chair, lifting the gown to exit the gazebo.

My lips were trembling, attempting to let out a curse of frustration. These gowns were heavy as they used to.

I let out a breath before I fixed my composture, bringing back the poker face as I continued to distract my thoughts at the beautiful landscapes of the garden.

The Koi fishes were swimming along the mini river, water lilies on the pond. The sun's light made the pond glimmer beautifully under its light, beautiful indeed.

I flinched, looking away as I gulped. I just thought of him, didn't I?

Letting out a sigh in frustration, I lifted the hem of my gown and went back the trails towards the cage— I meant mansion that father prepared.

It was black and white, polished with marble titles as it shined bright with the sun. I couldn't care less about how it appeared, it still would be the same.

I still had no freedom in this household.

The staff lined up, greeting my presence as I walked past them, bowing my head slightly, a small smile on my lips as a response to their hospitality.

The marbled stair paired with a red carpet as it led to the 2nd floor, the floor with the private rooms.

My body took a turn, heading towards my room. I stood in front, raising a hand to turn the knob yet a deep voice made me flinch.

"Jennie?"

I bit my lower lip, not wanting to turn around. This can't be...

It's impossible.

"Why are you here?!" I whispered-shouted at the man behind me.

"This territory is not safe, I told you guys that you couldn't follow me here," I shakily spoke, stopping the tears from my cheeks.

My hands were fisted, angry that my plans on making sure that the life of my friends would be secured, safe.

But why?

Why is he here with me?

"Father told me to meet my fiance...is it you?" he whispered, his voice got quieter. We then both stayed in an awkward atmosphere, only my subtle sobs were heard.

I jumped when a handkerchief was offered beside me, I looked up to his dark brown eyes as they crinkled in apology.

"We found you after all, huh?" he chuckled, turning my body and wiped the tears from my cheeks with his handkerchief.

"You...you don't have to worry about anything, you'll be safe with me..." his soft lips curved upwards, making me smile unconsciously.

He grinned, patted me in the head as I glared. "My hair..."

"Pft, you could still fix that later," he teased, bopping on my right cheek. I blushed, looking away as I mumbled curses.

"Whatever... Anyways, what should we do about the wedding?" I looked up to him while he rubbed his chin, thinking. He only smiled, shaking his head.

"Just trust the process, Lady Jennie. Everything will be alright," he comforted, pulling me to his chest in a tight hug.

"The plan is to...push the wedding. Please look forward to our wedding, Lady Jennie," Song Kang whispered beside my ear, sending chills down my spine.

"Trust me, you'll be happy with this choice. You'll have no regrets," he pulled me away, wiping the remaining tears from my cheeks.

"I, Song Kang will do anything within my power to bring that pretty smile back on your face. You had my word."

----

HELLO! THIS IS PART 1 OF MY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION WITH MY READERS.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME YOUR GREETINGS AND MY HEART FLUTTERED. LIKE LITERALLY.

I'M SO HAPPY THAT YOU GUYS CARED 🥺 ILYSM GUYS ❤️

THANK YOU FOR BEING WITH ME IN THIS JOURNEY AND BEING A HUGE PART OF IT.

HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY PLANET_A! (i just like to greet myself since it felt good HAHAHHAHA)

I will post the next chapters in the next hours, I'm starting to get sleepy. Good Mornight everyone ❤️

----

Planet_A