chapter 22

,, ----

Strawberries taste sweet.

----,,

𝙹𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"I'll be crashing in bed now, sleep well, okay?" Jisoo-unnie yawned, giving me a small wave before entering the guestroom. I smiled, hugging myself as I slowly walked towards Tzuyu's room.

I placed my hand on the doorknob but stopped midway, letting my grip loosen. Turning my head to the stairs, advancing to the back door.

I immediately inhaled the fresh cold air, tugging the hoodie Tzuyu that let me borrow tight. My lips letting out a smile as I gazed at the moon.

My feet bring me to the fields of strawberries. They look so red and delicious, making me lick my lips before letting out a sigh.

I looked around the field, inspecting the area before dropping the hoodie, letting the flowy dress dance among the wind.

I pulled out my hair tie, feeling the soft breeze of the wind.

In times that I couldn't sleep, I wanted to dance under the moonlight. It helps me relieve my stress in a form of dancing, it makes my heart race.

I closed my eyes, inhaling deeply before thinking about strawberries and there, my body moved.

I didn't care if someone saw me, I'm certain that they already fell asleep as it was currently 3:30 am.

Nostalgic, the feeling reminds me of the sweet yet sour past that brought tingles to my body. A different kind of feeling.

I used to keep everything to myself, not bothering to open up to others but with dancing, I was able to let everything out.

All my pent up frustrations, I let it all out. I moved my body as I expressed how I feel, slowly my body raised, raising my hands to the sky with a small smile on my face.

I moved, bending expressing how I understood something. I understood what it means to have freedom and using it for the good.

I slowly brought down my arms, my chest heaving up and down as I steadied my breathing. Sweat trickling down my neck, my eyes still closed.

I pressed my clenched hands to my chest, looking up to the stars above me. The brightest stars took my attention, reminded me of something.

It reminded me to move forward.

To any path, any direction with the freedom that I hold in my hands. I got the right to choose my path.

"Beautiful..." a low whisper caught me off-guard, it was Taehyung holding a basket of strawberries. He looked away, rubbing his nape with his head low.

"W-What are you doing here?" I let out, taking a step back while he raised his hand, clenching it before dropping it on his sides.

"Just harvesting some beautiful strawberries," he muttered, pointing to the basket he's holding. I squinted my eyes at him for a while before sighing, hugging myself.

"Isn't it too early to pick some strawberries?" I questioned, taking a step forward as I inspected the strawberry on his basket.