chapter 36

,, ----

How fast the night changes.

----,,

𝙹𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

I told Taehyung everything, feeling relieved that I was able to tell him the situation that I'm currently in.

My mind was in complete chaos, afraid that he'll misunderstand and go beyond my reach.

Letting out a sigh, I leaned back on the pillar, staring up at the bright starry skies.

"Why did you do it?" Taehyung whispered as the gush of wind hit our skin, a shiver ran down my spine.

I let out a chuckle, gazing at him with a small smile on my lips. "I just want to maintain my freedom,"

His lips formed into an o, understanding my reason. I looked back up while recalling the things that I've done in the past months.

I barely escaped the mansion with staffs running behind my back.

I went into a faraway city and met new friends.

Learning new things about the modern world and got a job.

Walked around the mall and spending on things that I like.

Free to walk around without any restrictions or guards around.

Travelled to various places with friends on my side.

Making memories with the people I love...

And most important, I met him. I met Kim Taehyung.

I chuckled, gazing down to see him already staring at me with a curious gaze. I laughed, propping my cheek on the palm of my hand.

"Is there something on my face, Tae?" I questioned, curious about what he's thinking.

He bit his lower lip, looking away with a faint blush on his cheeks. Taehyung rubbed his neck before looking up, sighing deeply.

"Did you... catch any feelings for Song Kang during your fake dating?" I was caught off-guard by his question, abruptly standing up with a hand on my waist.

"Now, why would I do that?" I raised a brow, frowning down on the male. He stood up, lessening the distance between us.

"In dramas, whenever opposite sexes held a 'fake' dating contract, they'll end up being... a real thing," he lowly whispered, taking little steps forward as I took some steps back until my back hit the pillar.

He slammed his hand on the pillar before piercing his gaze on mine. My mouth went dry at his current attitude, a different aura emitting from what he had early.

I let out a nervous chuckle, looking away. "I-It's not like that..." I reasoned, hiding my blushing cheeks with my hair.

"Ah, I see..." his voice went quieter, looking away as if he didn't believe what I told him.

"Taehyung..." I mustered all my courage and faced him directly with my eyes. He looked up, locking eyes.

His hazel brown orbs, glimmered under the moonlight as I unconsciously lifted my hand and caressed his cheeks softly.