chapter 46

,, ----

Not the first time.

----,,

𝙹𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"STOP RUNNING OR I'LL KILL THAT FUCKING MAN!"

Father shouted, pointing a gun towards Taehyung. His face was red, his chest breathing heavily as he laughed loudly, walking in our direction.

"All my life, I've been working my fucking life for this day to happen and you just had to ruin everything!" she shouted, pointing the gun everywhere.

People were unable to move, afraid out of their wits when father held up the gun. I pressed my hands together in front of my chest, worriedly glanced at Taehyung who had a gun pointed towards his direction.

I was scared of his life, I don't want to lose someone important to me.

Tears streamed down my face, my mind kept blaming myself that I'm too selfish for wanting freedom and ended up in the process of hurting them.

"I've worked hard for fucking power yet this bitch ruined it all!" he grabbed my hair, pulling it upward in anger as I restrained myself by biting my lower lip, a tear ran down from my eye.

"Take your fucking hand away from Jennie, you're hurting her!" Taehyung angrily shouted talking a step forward but stopped when the gun clicked, being pointed towards him.

"My daughter was an object chess piece, it was your fault for manipulating her. My plan was moving smoothly, but then she escaped the goddamn mansion to be with this useless boy. Fuck!" he sarcastically laughed, kicking on a nearby flower pot, smashing it to the floor.

The flower pot that was once filled with beautiful roses were scattered on the floor, soil soiling the carpet.

He was laughing loudly, grabbing me on my wrist tightly, making me flinch at the harshness.

"You little bitch will marry the mayor's son, or that plaything of yours will die..." he whispered beside my ear, dragging me harshly back to the altar. Song Kang immediately took me away from my father's grip, holding on to me tight.

"J-Jennie, are you alright? Are you hurt?" he panicked, surveying my body while I only shook my head, trying to calm myself from running into danger itself.

Chills ran down my spine when my father was walking towards Taehyung once again, holding the gun tightly in his right hand.

"You will never marry my daughter, nor you will ever see her again—"

"But is it you're life to dictate?" Taehyung scoffed, interrupting his talk with a glare of his own.

My lips parted when my father's jaw clenched while Taehyung's face remained calm as if he knew this would happen.

That stupid ogre...

Why would he sacrifice his life for me?

He's so stupid!

"Taehyung..." I whispered, clenching tightly on Song Kang's suit as he tried to calm me down.

"What? Of course, I'm her father and she must do what I fucking tell her to do! Who do you think you are—"

"Just a person that's trying to set her free from a dictator like you," he took a step forward, his chin up as his height dominated my father's short figure.

Father got angry, grabbing him by his collar and pushed him to the ground. Song Kang's father finally snapped out from his shock, barking orders to restrain my father but he was already pointing guns everywhere.

"All of you stop fucking moving around or I'll shoot! I'll goddamn shoot you all!" he angrily shouted, pulling the gun up and pulled the trigger, causing a loud bang to erupt.

Screams and shouts were heard, Song Kang immediately pushed me behind him. "We'll stop him, just stay here Jennie..." he breathed out, pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"What are you doing?" my eyes widen, pressing the phone down immediately.

"I'm trying to call more back up," he whispered, I shook my head in fright.

"He'll kill you if he saw you calling for help..." I breathed out, taking a step forward as I lifted my gown.

He pulled me back, holding on to my wrist tightly. "Don't risk your life, Jennie. We'll handle it—"

"I know, but I want to fight back for my freedom. For real this time, I can't be a coward!" I cut him off, pulling my wrist off and ran towards father, but froze when father grabbed Taehyung's collar again.

"Jennie, don't take a step further. If you do, this plaything will visit hell," he chuckled, placing the gun beside Taehyung's forehead.

"Why are you doing this papa? Why do you want me to marry Song Kang that badly?!" I cried out, my hands clenched tight.

He stopped moving, letting go of his hold from Taehyung as he slowly stood up, his back shaking. He laughed loudly, pushing his hair back while looking at me straight in the eye.

I flinched once I took a clear look at my father's features. His lips were up in a sinister smile, his eyes were wide as his black hair was dishevelled.

He looked...not sane.

"You had to ask? You pathetic child. I did it for power, money...everything that I've ever wished for! I'll finally have everything that I wanted! I'll finally be better than my bastard of a brother!" he cursed out, his chest heaving out a heavy breath.

"Father, you don't have a brother—" I interrupted confused, but he only laughed again.

"Oh I had one, but I killed him. I killed him before he could make an appearance. That bastard was always complimented by the fucking tutors, even father himself," he cried out, tears now spilling down his eyes.

"They all looked down at me, that bastard even fucking pitied me. I'm the older brother, they should have sided with me fucking damn it!" he cursed, ruffling his hair in anger.

He picked up his gun and pointed back at Taehyung will a sinister laugh. "You fucking bastard will pay, all my pain will finally go away if I kill you on the spot. It's not the first time I killed a bastard," his hand shook, pulling the gun, ready to shoot.

"Father, no!" I shouted when I heard the trigger, my legs moving on their own as I ran towards them.

Everything was too fast to process.

"Stop!" I yelled, my eyes widening when blood was dripping down the carpeted floor. Tears fell harder, my heart clenched agonizedly.

I-I didn't expect this to happen...

This is all my fucking fault.

"Quick! Take his body and bring him to the hospital, he's bleeding too much!" someone shouted in panic, the whole church was in chaos while I only stood still.

My face paled as my mouth parted in shock.

H-He's soaked in blood.

----
I'm really sorry for the late update */sob; I wasn't really in the mood to write these days. Luckily, I found a playlist that made me want to write a chapter.

Music helps, I tell you.

Anyway, what do you think of the chapter?

See you in the next chapter!

----
Planet_A