chapter 32

,, ----

Let me take your hand... my lady?

----,,

𝚃𝚊𝚎𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

My body is sprawled on the bed, my gaze on my ceiling. It was also the day of the date, the room seems bare and quiet. The soft breath from my mouth turned into cries of irritation.

A tear fell from my left eye then I covered my eyes with my right arm, biting my lower lip as I held in my frustration in myself.

I was a coward, and still am.

It had been months since I met her, and I had many opportunities but I let them slip through my fingers.

I hastily grabbed a whisky on the side table and drunk it in one gulp before heading inside the shower.

Fuck.

----

I was waiting inside the mall, tapping my foot as I waited for the rest. I pulled out my phone and frowned when I saw my date messaging me that traffic is pretty heavy on the road.

My lips let out a deep sigh, my back leaning on the edge of the glass barrier. Staring below the floor levels.

My breath hitched when my eyes caught the sight of her. Jennie is wearing a white strapless dress, flowing as she walked.

The heart inside my chest couldn't stop beating, my hand gripping the edge tight when I saw Song Kang waving at Jennie.

My jaw clenched as I scoffed, turning my body away from the view, my hands clenched inside my pockets and entered a random store to take my mind off it.

I blinked when I realized that I was surrounded by female attendants with glimmering eyes. I mentally shuddered at the sudden attention.

"Good Morning, Sir. What kind of jewellery are you searching for?" a tall pale skinned attendant asked with a small smile on her lips.

I mentally cursed myself as I smiled politely since they are only doing their job. "I'm just looking around, I'll call when I need something,"

I heard small squeals when I turned my back as I sighed, ruffling my hair in annoyance. The fucking image of Song Kang and Jennie won't go away.

It feels like a bloody curse.

Clenching my jaw, I turned my head and something caught my eye. It was a firefly necklace with diamonds accompanying the gold.

"According to a source, Fireflies bring magic and a sense of childlike wonder into our often chaotic and busy lives

"According to a source, Fireflies bring magic and a sense of childlike wonder into our often chaotic and busy lives. Their presence is meant to bring back nostalgic memories of youth and innocence when the world was a magical dreamland and nothing was outside the realm of possibility."