chapter 24

,, ----

The man of the museum wanted lunch.

----,,

𝙹𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

My body hurled around the bed, sighed as I settled on staring at the wooden ceiling. I've been deprived of sleep due to the fact my abdomen was twisting uncomfortably.

I sniffed, twisting my body to the side to hug my knees against my chest before forcing my weak body to stand up.

I felt weak, probably from the fatigue and tiredness. I should have slept earlier but, I didn't say that I regretted what occurred the night before.

As the early dawn rose, we went back to the apartment earlier and insisted that we'll just eat breakfast at the apartment. Jisoo-unnie and I thanked Taehyung's aunt and uncle for letting us stay overnight.

I hugged Tzuyu tight before we left, I glanced at the side mirror and saw Taehyung's figure on the door as he leaned on the door frame with his arms crossed, a small smile on his lips.

My lips lifted in a small smile as his smile flashed inside my mind again, pushing my body off the sheets to welcome a new day. I quickly did my morning routine, drying my hair after taking a quick shower.

Ignoring the unsettling feeling that bubbled inside, accepting the reality of a new life. A month has passed since I escaped from the mansion's gates though I have so much to discover and encounter.

Opening my closet, skimming through racks of clothes with various styles. I looked thoroughly as I contemplated a good match, pursing my lips.

I chose a simple white puffed-sleeved square top paired with a denim skirt and a black Gucci belt to compliment the look. I tied my blonde locks in a high ponytail, placing my thick white headband that has a black ribbon on the side for more style.

I gazed at my full-length mirror before grabbing my black knee-length boots, grabbing my black sling bag before head out from my room to grab an apple on the kitchen table.

It was the weekend, we all had different schedules for the day as you could tell as the apartment is oddly quiet.

I took a bite of the apple, swallowing it before I licked my lower lip to wipe off the excess juice. Pushing my hair back and strutted outside the apartment.

Walking down the hallway, I pressed on the elevator button and it dinged. The metal doors opened and I entered while pulling out my phone from my sling bag.

I texted the girls in the group chat that I've left and notified them of my location just in case. I opened The Map and typed in the location of the museum.

A giddy smile took an appearance on my lips as I recall the history of the past from the books I've read inside the mansion library.

The famous women that took part in revolutions and wars made my heartbeat in excitement, I've always looked upon them. Being a woman doesn't mean that you are not incapable to do what a man does.

I couldn't help myself, my feet striding promptly once the metal doors opened. Pushing the apartment entrance, I heaved in some fresh air and continued my pace to the museum.

I almost skipped down the road if I didn't control myself.

I followed the map, my eyebrows scrunched together while I slowed down. I tried to follow the red route but it kept changing.

I grunted under my breath, a hand on my hip. I pinched out the map to check again, it was beside police station 3 and decided to look for that landmark.