chapter 27

,, ----

A fruity competition.

----,,

𝙹𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Jennie, didn't you say you were feeling better?" Jisoo-unnie frowned as she inspected my temperature, her eyes on the thermometer as I let out a weak smile.

I assumed so too.

The doctor attended, or in other words, Kim Seokjin-oppa visited and he announced that it was not only because of the rain but also overfatigue. It was my fault for neglecting sleep for designing new gowns for work.

He agonized for an hour because I neglected my health for work. When Jisoo-unnie appeared, she nagged along with him.

Music to your ears isn't it?

My body squirmed as I turned my body away from the two mothers, humiliated to confide that I overworked again yesterday evening.

It was already apparent from the dark circles under my brown eyes. My lips let out a little groan, hiding under the comforter to protect myself from their nagging.

The door opened, my mind thanking the heavens that they finally stopped to see the whole squad on the door. They 'quietly' entered, having arrows shot through their head when Jisoo-unnie and Seokjin-oppa got mad and nagged at them instead.

Oh my, what a sight.

I stifled a chuckle when they all bowed their head except for Taehyung, who only crossed his arms, looking away with his lips pursed. He was the only one who didn't get scolded as he stood away from the door fiasco.

He sighed, walking towards me and dropped a paper bag beside me before sitting down, placing his back hand on my forehead.

"I thought you were getting better, why did you get sick again? Did you do anything stupid, Jennie?" he raised an eyebrow as my eyes glared at the man.

"It's not stupid... Just doing work?" I looked around the room to avoid his intense gaze.

"Your lips are pale. Here, drink some water," he spoke, helping me sit up while I quietly followed. Muttering a thank you and bowed before gulping down the water he offered.

My throat was parched, the cold water giving me tingles making me hum in delight for my refreshed throat.

I returned the cup to Taehyung, he nodded his head as our fingers slightly touched when he retrieved the cup.

My heart fluttered, making looking away then went back to lay down on the bed. My eyes took a hasty glance but I was seeing his back, returning back the used cup.

He wasn't flustered like I was, how unfair. He went back to the stool, pushing the comforter to my shoulders.

"You should have rested, I didn't visited you before just for you to get sick again," he muttered, sighing as I gazed at him, head shook down, returning his hands back on his lap.

Wait, what? Don't tell me it was really him...

My heart thumped as our eyes made contact without breaking apart. His brown eyes were slightly dark, his long lashes fanning out and even his lower lashes are pretty.