Chapter 6: Miss Me

"Harmony." I feel someone shake me.

"Huh?" I mumble, still grasping onto sleep.

"Wake up, you got school."

"I'm tired."

"Girl get your ass up. I'm tired too. Hell, I worked over twelve hours."

"There she is," I laugh and open my eyes.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?" My mom puts her hand on her hip.

"Normally, you don't shake me awake and say kind words."

"Shut up. I'm kind to you."

"Not in the morning," I sit up in bed.

"Shut up. Plus you too damn old for me to wake you up anyways," she puts her hands on her hips.

"Hey, you're not in scrubs today?" I finally notice her pajamas.

"Yeah, today is my day off. So I figured that after school you and I can visit Melody. Maybe watch some movies, you know, have a girls night."

"I would love that," I smile.

"OK, sounds like a plan. Maybe we can even facetime Lydian."

"I hope he's able to answer," I get out of bed.

"Me too, but I'm going to let you get ready. I'm making breakfast."

My mama walks out of my room and I go to my closet. I pull out some black ripped high waisted jeans and a white off the shoulder crop top. I then grab a black jean jacket and lay everything onto the bed. I walk across the hall and get into the shower. After I am finished, I brush my teeth and then get dressed. I put my hair into two puff balls, leaving two strands of hair to hang down on opposite sides of my face.

"Mama," I say as I walk towards the kitchen.

"What?"

"Do you think you can take me by the hair stored before we go to visit Melody. I want to get some goddess braids done."

"Yeah, I can. Who's going to do your hair?"

"I'm going to get Zu-Zu to do it," I grab a plate from the cabinet.

I place two blueberry pancakes, eggs, and two sausage patties onto the plate. I sit at the counter, that doubles as a island and begin to eat. My mom sits in the seat next to me and does the same.

"You should see if Zu-Zu wants to tag along with us, I know Melody would love to see her."

"Yeah, I'll ask her when I get to school," I continue to eat my breakfast. "And since, I woke up earlier today, I'll just walk to school."

"Ok honey, while you're gone, I'm going to catch up on some TV."

After I am done, I take my plate and wash both it and the fork that I used. My mom brings her plate over and I wash that as well. I go to my room and put on my black and white retros and grab my bookbag. I walk out of the house, locking the door behind me. I make my way to school and instantly spot Axel's car in the  parking lot.

"There's my favorite girl," Axel pulls me into a hug, as soon as I reach his car.

"Why do you keep calling me that?" I laugh, hugging him back as I do.

"Because if it wasn't for you, my grades would be terrible right now," Axel lets me go and we begin to walk into school, "I figured today we could go over Chemistry."

"Yeah about that," I say, stopping him, "I'll have to raincheck today."

"Why? Are you ok?" he asks, concerned.