Chapter 10: Legend

The sudden urge to pee, slowly wakes me out of the amazing sleep that I am in. I try to get up, but arms around my waist keep me tethered to the bed. I open my eyes and and met with a tshirt covered chest. I move my head upwards and see a peaceful Axel. For a moment I just take him in. I take in the way his lips are slightly parted and the way his chest slowly rises and falls. I capture this small moment and forge it into my memories. The urge to pee gets stronger and breaks me out of my daze. I carefully try to unwrap Axel's arms from around my waist, but to no avail. Every time I get just a little out of his hold, he squeezes me tighter. Finally, I give up and decide to wake him up.

"Axel," I softly shake him.

He only squeezes me tighter.

"Axel," I say louder and shake him harder.

Once again, nothing happens. The need to pee because so powerful that my bladder starts to hurt. I take my phone out and turn the volume all the way up. I go to the timer and set it for one second. The loud sound of my phone going off wakes Axel out of his comatose like state.

"Shit," he jumps from surprise.

"I'm sorry," I say, "I just really have to pee and you wouldn't let me go."

"Oh, I'm sorry," he unwinds his arms from around me, "the bathroom is through that door."

I quickly get up and power walk to the door he pointed to. I walk into his ensuite and hurriedly lift the lid of the toilet, shocked that he hasn't left the seat up. After finishing, I wash my hands and exit the bathroom.

"Sorry again for the terrible wake up call," I say to Axel.

"It's cool," he runs his eyes, "what time is it?"

"It's 6:36," I double check my phone.

"Shit it's getting late," he stretches, "let's go, so I can drive you home."

"Ok," I say as I put my shoes on.

Axel slips on a pair of slides and heads out of his room. I follow closely behind him and we head to the library to grab our stuff. We walk out of the library and head to the living room.

"Wait here, I forgot the money to pay you, again," Axel says.

Axel goes back upstairs and I stand by the front door. I take out my phone and answer the few messages that I have. Soon I hear footsteps coming back downstairs. I look up and instead of seeing Axel, like I expected to, I see his mom.

"Hey Harmony," she walks over to me and pulls me into a hug.

"Hey Birdie," I hug her back.

"How've you been sweetie?" she asks.

"I've been good."

"That's good, I'm shocked you're here this late."

"Oh, Axel is actually about to take me home."

Just then Axel walks back downstairs. He walks over to us and hands me some money. I count it and notice that he has paid me for three hours instead of two.

"Hey june bug," Birdie says.

"Hey mom."

"Umm, Axel," I say, causing him to look at me, "you gave me too much."

"No, you've been here for three hours, I paid you for three hours."

"Yeah but only two of those hours were spent studying, one was spent sleeping. You're not paying me for three hours," I try to give him the extra money back.

"Keep it," he says.

I stare at him with my mad face and push the money into his chest. He stares at me back and slowly moves my hand off of his chest. The stare down between us continues until a throat being cleared pulls us out of our showdown.