Chapter 12: Work

"A wondrous place," Melody sings.

"For you and, me," I finish.

"Aladdin is such a classic."

"It truly is," I say.

I place my head on my sister's shoulder as we continue the movie. Once again, I am in her bed, being as close to her as I can. Before the movie is over, a knock is heard at the door.

"Come in," Melody says to whoever is behind the door.

The door opens and it reveals a smiling Axel. He comes into the room and shuts the door behind him.

"Hey, how y'all doing?" he copies the voice from the meme.

"Hey," Melody giggles at his voice.

"Hey Axel," I laugh, "what are you doing here?"

"Well, I know visiting hours are over soon and I didn't want you catching the bus home this late. So I came to take you home. Plus, you have a party to get ready for."

I groan, "I was hoping that you forgot about that."

"Girl if you don't get up and go get ready," Melody starts to push me off of the bed.

"Ok, damn," I stand up, "you don't have to be rude about it."

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes.

"I love you," I give her a big hug.

"I love you too and have a great time tonight," she hugs me back, "and you," she pulls away and points at Axel, "you take care of my sister."

"I promise," Axel holds out his pinky finger.

They do a pinky promise and then with one last goodbye, Axel and I leave her room. We walk out the front doors of the hospital and walk over to the parking lot. We finally reach his car and begin the short drive back to my house.

"Thanks for picking me up," I say.

"There's no need to thank me, I can't have my favorite girl riding the bus this late at night," he turns into my driveway.

"I don't even know what I'm going to wear," I say as we exit the car.

"I kind of figured that," Axel begins to rub the back of his neck, "so I called in reinforcements."

Just then Nzuri's car pulls into the driveway. She gets out of her car and goes to her now popped trunk.

"Axel, come help me," she says, "Harmony, open the door, we got a lot of stuff to take inside."

Axel and I both do as told. I watch as they bring in different items. After about fifteen minuets, everything is brought inside.

"Is all of this necessary?" I ask.

"Yes," Nzuri says, "now go get in the shower."

"I took one this morning."

"And you smell like the hospital," she rebuttals.

"Now you're just being rude," I say flabbergasted.

"Yeah, whatever," she pushes me towards the bathroom, "now wash yo ass."

I flip her off and then head into the bathroom. I turn the hot water on and get in the shower. After I am done showering, I wrap a big towel around my body and exit the bathroom. I walk into my room and see Nzuri going through all the clothes that she has brought.

"Have you picked out an outfit for me yet?" I ask.

"Stuck between these two," she gestures towards the bed.