Hanako x ghost! Reader

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO CHECK OUT THIS WONDERFUL STORY INSPIRED BY MY ONESHOT 'under the willow tree' !!! ITS CURRENTLY IN MY READING LIST THAT IVE MADE FOR STORIES INSPIRED FROM MY OWN SO PLEASE GO GIVE THE AUTHOR SOME LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!

-
Requested by @/sleepyXD6

Sweet lies. Nothing but sweet lies left your lips. Promises of a day where you'd find that theres more to the after life than just walking around aimlessly and scaring off every live person you encounter. Sweet lies that you'd mumble to yourself, hoping that one day maybe you'd have something worth looking forward to, worth looking up and smiling about. Right now they were just sweet lies; nothing more and nothing less.

It had barely been a week since the new rumour of a mysterious being spread like wild fire around the school. Students whispering warnings to each other; 'don't walk alone' and 'don't meet her gaze' being shared among friends in fear of stumbling across the haunting humanoid creature. Humans were always the same, fearing what's unknown even if one day they too would end up like you. Dead and walking around the school you had grown close to. This didn't come as a surprise to you as, you too, feared the unknown when you breathed; when your heart was pumping and you could say with confidence you were alive. It did, however, strike you right in the heart when your friends turned away from you— screaming in fear when your ghostly pale hand reached out towards them in search of comfort, praying they'd take it and engulf you in the group hug you would all often have. Not now, now they could only shriek at your frightening appearance, eyes covered by haunting hair along with torn clothes that, with time, had accumulated dust and dirt.

Hanako stared at the sight before him with a pitiful gaze; it took him back when he had first turned into a spirit and was frightened when seeing all his companions turn away from him in fear. It's why he decided to approach your weeping form, placing a comforting hand on your shoulder before crouching down to your eye level. "Why do you cry? You don't look pretty when you cry." He mumbled, hands reaching out to comb the hair away from your damp face, wiping away the tears with his thumb. "I think you'd look amazing with a smile on your face, why don't you let me make you smile from now on?"

The boy was warm and inviting, despite his often playfully perverted side. You had found a hand to hold when you were lost, arms to keep you together when you felt like breaking and a smile to keep you warm when you felt pale and deathly cold— nearly making you forget that you were in fact dead and the flutter you felt in your stomach wasn't just your heart beat but rather butterflies caused by the boy.

The idea of you having a crush on the dark haired boy was always humorous, especially to Yashiro who couldn't help but gush at the spirit she had only recently befriended. She found it adorable, often going out of her way to try and get you and Hanako to be closer, making sure you stood besides him at all times, dolling you up and making your hair pretty, even going as far as to trying brain wash on the spirit.

Today was no exception; currently cleaning the toilet of the boy as you had agree to help after never ending begging from the silver haired girl. There you had met minamoto, a young blonde boy who was too adorable for anyone's good. Oh and the fact he was related to an exterminator. "Wow, so your family is famous for exterminating spirits like us?" You questioned with a raised brow, earning a nod as the boy wiped his forehead.

"Yup. I'm supposed to be a successor of the business but hanako-kun doesn't seem to be dangerous." He sighed, resting his head back on the tile wall.

Your eyes averted from him to the man himself; the dark haired boy happily chatting away with yashiro. There it was again, the butterflies that seemed to do leaps when spotting him. It made you feel great, it made you feel alive. The feeling of an emotion after such a long time felt like a splash of cold water on a scorching hot day. Heaven in hell.
The boy smiled, turning his gaze to meet your eyes and for a moment you swore you could've felt it— the spark that everyone seemed to talk about when telling stories of true love. The electricity that would run through your veins making every strand of hair on your body stand. And as if time seemed to slow down, stars would appear around you both making everything else disappear to leave you and your soul mate alone. That's what it felt like, as if the butterflies in your stomach had been left out from their cage and were left to fly away, stars dancing around you almost inviting you both to join hands and waltz with them. Alas you were brought back to earth once hearing Kou talk again, a bashful smile sketching onto your lips.

The boy watched your expression soften— the same expression he had fallen in love with when he had first seen it, after restless days of attempting to getting you to laugh, crack at least the smallest of smiles around him. And when you did he knew right then and there that he was in love. Just like he is now watching you laugh and talk to kou; smiling, enjoying the after life despite all the hardships. And god was he excited to spend the rest of his sleepless, torturous days with you.