For a day

I see so many people commenting stuff like "I'd die if someone said this to me" like bro,,, please come to me,,, I'll be yalls romantic boyfriend from now on and tell y'all how precious and beautiful y'all are,, on god.

"NENE!"

You rushed through the crowd of people, attempting effortlessly to try to catch up with the silver haired girl that excitedly made her way towards the big stage that sat in front of you.

"COME ON Y/N! THIS IS PERFECT FOR YOU!"

"STUPID! GET BACK HERE OR ILL TELL MOM!"

Ignoring your warnings, the girl grasped onto your hand through the heavy crowd and pulled you closer to the stage, pointing excitedly at the banner that hung from the back wall.

"Step right up ladies! Hire your own boyfriend for a day!"
The spokesperson excitedly announced, sending you and nene a wink to which you cringed and pulled the smaller girl behind you.

"Nene why are we here?"
You sneered, sending her a glare as she snickered.

"Well you have to get over that asshole somehow. Why not hire a boyfriend for a day?"
She laughed, the older woman next to you sharing a snicker.

"Smart girl."
She commented quietly, earning a tired sigh from you as you shook your head.

"Thanks nene but I don't need a man to distract me from my problems."
You smiled, ruffling her hair. Though that only earned you a pout.

"You said he cheated on you, right?"
She asked as you nodded.
"Why not hire a cute boy, post pictures on insta and get him back by making him jealous?"

A hearty laugh escaped your lips, only making the girl pout her lips and puff her cheeks.
"And after a day what?"

"Say it was just a date!"

A smile danced on your lips. After all, she meant well, you just weren't interested in spending your money on something stupid like that.

"Thanks nene, but why don't we use my money on ice cream instead of this?"
You smiled, though it begun fading as a mischievous grin took over her lips.

"No need, already paid."

"Excuse me WHAT?!"

The girl in front of you took out a ticket from her pocket before handing it to the man on the small stage.

"I told mom and dad about this and they agreed it would be funny to get one for you!"
She cheered, almost proud as the spokesperson busted a rowdy laugh.

"Well?! Take your pick!"
He cheered at you, waving towards the four boys who stood in a line.

"Dude."
You groaned.
"They all look so uncomfortable, is this even legal?"

As the words left your lips, one of the boys couldn't hold back a snort. His blue eyes creased as he tried to cover the entertained smile that took over his lips.

"Sorry."
He chuckled.

"WELL TAKE THAT ONE!"
Nene pointed excitedly, the male's amused smile growing as you quickly brought down your sisters hand.

"ITS RUDE TO POINT!"

"Teru? Sure thing ladies!"
The spokesperson cheered, waving over the blonde haired male who sent you a smile before walking backstage, leaving you wide eyed.

"No wait! We won't take any."
You sneered, glaring at nene who only crossed her arms in a triumphant manner.

"Sorry ladies, no refunds."
The man shrugged.
"Just wait to the side for Teru, he'll be out in a minute."

Before you could argue any more, nene pulled you to the side, ignoring your protests as she placed you next to the stage.

"Okay, mom and dad are meeting me at the fountain, you have fun with your boyfriend and I'll see you both later."
She winked before running off, leaving you to stare at her retreating figure with a mouth wide open.

Okay, boyfriend for a day. Surely it won't be that bad. You've had a boyfriend before, well a shit one, so this shouldn't be so bad. You two could just act like friends right?

"Sorry I took a while."

Snapping your eyes towards the source of the voice, the blonde haired male stood with a smile, his hands dug into the pockets of the jeans he wore.

"It's fine."
You waved him off before awkwardly looking away.
"Sorry but you'll have to walk me through all of this boyfriend for a day stuff."

The male let a laugh escape his lips before his warm hand took hold of yours.

"I'm your boyfriend for 24 hours, though inappropriate behaviour like kissing and that is prohibited."
He laughed, pulling you towards the elevator.

"Doesn't that make you uncomfortable though?"
You asked worriedly, still trying to control the growing heat that over took your cheeks.

"Well sure, there's been the usual creepy person but I can tell I'll like you."
He smiled, stroking your knuckles with his thumb.

"Oh."
You hummed, looking away as he laughed, pulling you inside the elevator.

"Are you new to dating or are you just naturally shy?"
He teased as you puffed your cheeks.

"I'm not shy!"
You defended, earning another laugh from him.
"I just got out of another toxic relationship so being treated so nicely feels new."
You admitted.

The male frowned slightly, stepping closer to you before placing a soft kiss on the top of your head.

"I'm sorry about that, just know you can relax with me today."
He smiled.

You're not sure why but you felt comfort with him, from the tiniest details like how he stroked your hand to the way he talked to you the way you could only dream a boyfriend would talk to you. You wanted that to last, but at that moment you could only let your head rest on his shoulder as your day with a dream boyfriend begun.