Alive! Hanako x reader

Requested by @weebkat

"Hanako-kun!"

The door to the classroom slid open quickly as you ran in, your peers giving you funny looks and soft laughs at your ever so energetic personality.

Ignoring the looks you walked over to said boy. Your eyebrows furrowing when seeing the state he was in.

"Hanako-kun?"
You asked softly, placing a comforting hand on his hair before softly stroking, kneeling down next to his table to try and get a look at his face that laid on his crossed arms.
"Are you okay? Do you want to talk?"

His arms were crossed on the table while he rested his head on it, something he would usually do when he wasn't feeling the best. You also took note of the new bruises and cuts but decided to ask him when you two were alone.

"Hi y/n."
He groaned tiredly, shifting his head to the side so he could get a look at you.

You smiled softly, stroking his hair some more earning a pleased hum.

"Do you want to go talk somewhere? Doesnt seem like you're too happy."

The boy looked down at his arms, his eyes emotionless and tired before sighing.

"The teacher is gonna get here soon, there's no point."
He groaned as you chuckled.

"I worry more about your health than my education. We can catch up later, let's go."
You laughed as the male stared at you.

Standing to your feet you left with the male, making your way up to the roof where you two would spend most of your time.

The walk was quiet. More quiet than usual which made you worry.

"What's wrong?"
You asked, your e/c hues creeping over to him as his looked down in an upset manner.

"I don't know. I just feel so insignificant, so useless. I want to travel to the moon and never come back."

You listened closely, though wanting to interject, you let him rant and say everything he needed to get out.

"Tsukasa still hurts me. I don't even know why he hates me so much. He says I would be better off dead and I cant help but agree."

By now there were tears rolling down his cheeks as he walked through the rooftop door that you held open for him. Both of you making a beeline towards the same spot where you would both always sit.

"I just wanna die y/n."
He breathed out, his eyes trailing to yours as tears prickled your own hues.
"I'm sorry."

Not wanting to hear another word from him, you wrapped your arms around him and brought his head to your shoulder, ignoring the warmth that spread to your cheeks and the increased speed of your heartbeat.

"Don't apologise for that. That is in no way, shape or form your fault. I'm happy that you trust me with telling me these types of stuff but I hope you know that you are so incredibly important, Hanako. You matter so much to the people around you and to me. I cant even begin to imagine a world where you're not here with me and I hope I never have to experience that."
You whispered, to afraid that if you spoke any louder your voice would crack and you would cry. You needed to be strong here, he was vulnerable so you need to be his shoulder to cry on.

His arms slithered around you, clutching the fabric on your back as if he were afraid that if he didn't hold on you would fly away. His tears soaked your shoulder but you couldn't care less.

"I'm sorry about your brother. If it makes you feel better, you can always come stay at my apartment. My mother is off on business trips right now so I'm home alone. You can stay with me as long as you want."
You smiled, stroking his hair as he sniffed and nodded into your shoulder.

For a moment, you both just stayed quiet. Enjoying the warmth the other gave off and not wanting to seperate. However, hanako reluctantly pulled off after a while, your hands lingering on his shoulders before falling back to your sides.

He wiped the tears off his face before giving you a weak smile.

"Thank you. I honestly have no idea what I would do without you."
He sniffed as you giggled.

"It's no big deal. Now, if you're ready, we can run back to class before the bell rings."
You smiled, holding his hand while rubbing soothing circles on his knuckles with your thumb.

The male nodded, helping you stand up before leading the way back to the classroom.

「・°★*ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ*★°・」

A nostalgic smile spread on the spirits' lips, the memories of you both flooding his mind as he watched Yashiro and kou clean the bathroom.

At times, he wanted to cry. Yashiro reminded him of you far too much, to the point where he didn't want anything to do with her anymore. But he pulled through, protecting her to keep your memory alive.

"Hanako-kun?"
A soft voice called out, his eyes widening as he snapped his head towards your voice. However he was only met with yashiro's concerned gaze.
"Are you alright?"
She asked while pointing to her cheeks, kou watching worriedly from behind her.

The male reached a hand to his cheeks only to be met with a warm substance, tears rolling down his cheeks which he hadn't even noticed.

The male chuckled before wiping them away, flashing the two a huge grin.

"How about I tell you both a story?"
He smiled as the two nodded their heads happily before sitting around him.

The spirit sighed nostalgically, remembering the first time he met you perfectly.

Your first day of school.

The first day he met someone who truely cared about him.

"Once upon a time... there was an angel."