3 - Heritage

-konoha 5 years later, October 10-

It was a cool day and many were out doing their jobs, playing, or preparing for a special event. This event is for celebrating the defeat of the kyuubi by the yondaime hokage. For many, this event is.also for hunting down the 'kyuubi reborn', and this person's name was Uzumaki Naruto.

Even though it was his birthday, Naruto had to hide from the villagers even more than he usually does. When the villagers try to hunt him down, they don't just give him a slap on the wrist, they torture him to the point of near death. They don't just do this today either, this is an almost everyday occurrence, only on this day, they actively hunt him down all day and night.

Naruto was once part of the orphanage but was kicked out when he was 3 due to the caretakers being ignorant, although when someone comes to check up on the place, they force him back in then throw him out again right after, saying he can take care of himself. Stores also kick him out regularly or sell him overpriced and rotten items. Because of this, he would usually eat out of trash cans and sleep in boxes with newspapers as blankets.

Right now, Naruto is trying his best to hide from the villagers, hoping no shinobi would try to find him. Once he thought he was in the clear he left the alleyway and soon bumped into a someone. The person looked and saw that it was Naruto. "HEY I FOUND THE DEMON EARLY, LETS GET HIM." He shouted, alerting every person in the area, including a shinobi who wanted revenge.

They began their chase. Naruto soon jumped a fence to try and lose some of them, but to the shinobi, it was nothing. The ninja got tired of chasing him and took out a kunai and threw it at Naruto. "Kunai Kage bunshin no jutsu" he said and the kunai multiplied to a dozen.

Naruto seeing this unknowingly channeled a large amount chakra to his eyes and something weird happened. Everything started to slow down and his vision turned to black and white. Naruto taking advantage of this grabbed a kunai and started deflecting as many kunai as he could. Naruto was doing his best deflecting them but one of the kunai got past his defenses and hit him in the shoulder.

He tried to turn and runs away but the ninja caught up to him quickly and pinned him down. The other villagers made their way to them and started the torture session.

Before any of them could land a blow, Naruto passed out due to blood loss and trauma. He awoke in a sewer like area. "So the dumped me in a sewer, huh? Great." He said out loud.

"Follow my voice, Naruto." Said an unknown voice. Naruto looked around to see nothing nut an empty hallway. He walked down and eventually found himself in a large room with a giant cage in it.

"Over here Naruto." Said the voice. Naruto turned his head to see a man. He had spiky blond hair with bangs on each side of his face. He wore standard jonin attire with a haori over it with the kanji for 'yondaime hokage' on the back, and a leaf headband wrapped around his forehead. This was Namikaze Minato.

"T-the yondaime? How are you here and how do you know my name?" Naruto asked worried that he would be mad at him like the villagers say he is.

"Why wouldn't I know your name? Me and my wife are the ones who named you after all." Minato answered, much to the shock of Naruto.

"Wait. Are you... my... dad? I thought jiji didn't know who my parents were." Naruto asked

Minato got on his knee and answered. "Yes I am. I'm Namikaze Minato, your father." Naruto's eyes widened as he said this, and he ran up and hugged him as tears started forming in his eyes.

"I'm sorry that this was kept a secret from you, I asked the sandaime to not tell you in order to protect you from my enemies." Minato said trying to reassure his son.

After he calmed down, he let go of his dad to say something. "I understand, but why and how are you here aren't you supposed to be dead? Wait, am I dead?"

"No, you are not dead, unfortunately though, I am. Right now we are in your mindscape." Thw older blond said.

"My mindscape? Am I passed out or something outside?" Naruto asked.

Minato not wanting to tell him he's being tortured right now, ignored the last question.

"Yes, this is your mindscape. Now, I have some important things to tell you and not a lot of time to tell so listen up. Oh, and you can come out now." He said facing the cage.

The water beneath them started to ripple and soon Naruto could see two large red eyes with vertical-slit pupils. Inside the cage, stood the kyuubi, with its nine tails swinging freely behind it.

"T-the k-kyuubi, I thought you killed it!" Naruto shouted at his father.

"Quiet down, my ears are more sensitive than yours, ok brat?" The kyuubi said.

"Naruto I want you to meet the kyuubi. Everyone thinks that the kyuubi is a heartless monster, but that's false. He'll take care of you when in need so don't be afraid of him, ok?" Minato said to his son.

"Are you really gonna help me?" Naruto asked to make sure.

"Yes I am kit, don't worry." The kyuubi replied.

"What do I call you, then? I don't want to keep calling you kyuubi." Naruto said.

"You may call me Kurama from now on, kit." The kyuubi answered.

"So you do have a name, cool. No I have something to ask you, Naruto." Minato said genuinely surprised the kyuubi had a name. "Does your vision seem any different right now?"

"Actually, it does. I didn't even notice it at first but you have a blue fire in your stomach and Kurama's is red." Naruto said looking around.

"Look at the water." Minato said.

Naruto did just that and saw that his eyes were different. They were blood red with one comma looking dot in it. "W-wait, isn't that the sharingan, why do I have it?" He asked

"Well, we're Uchiha. Secretly, of course." Minato said nonchalantly.

"WHAT!" Naruto yelled, much to Kurama's displeasure.

"Let me explain. I never told anyone I was an Uchiha because of who my father and grandfather are. My father was Namikaze kosoku, a very strong ANBU agent. As for my grandfather, and your great grandfather, his name was Uchiha Madara. You know who that is, right?" Minato explained.

"That's a lot of info to take in, and yes, I know who madara is. I just didn't expect me to be directly related to him." Naruto said, still shocked of his heritage is.

"Listen, even though you're an Uchiha, you can't go to them, they'll just use you for the kyuubi and I don't want that. I also don't want you to become arrogant like them and rely to much on the sharingan. To many Uchiha have died because of that. Do you understand?" He asked getting a nod in return.

"Good, my time is ending anyway. All of my techniques, weapons, and clan info are in the Namikaze compound. You're the only person in the world right now who can get in, so use that place wisely. Keep your heritage a secret for as long as you can until you feel you're strong enough to protect the ones you love. My enemies will stop at nothing to get revenge on me, even if that means killing you or your friends." Minato said with a bot of regret.

"Do you know how to use chakra to deactivate your eyes?" He asked getting another nod from Naruto.

"I'm almost out of chakra, so I'll be fading soon. Remember Naruto, me and your mother loved you so much, and we regret not being there with you. I hoped that the village would see you as a hero, but I guess I was naive."Minato said, saddnes evident in his voice.

"Don't worry, I got to meet you today, and now I know heat I need to do to protect my home. So don't worry, I'll make you and mom proud." Naruto said, cheering up his father, who faded away smiling.

Naruto woke up in an alleyway covered in blood. He looked around to see that it was night and people were celebrating. He overheard some villagers saying that they finally killed the demon. He scoffed at them and sneaked his way to the hokage tower to tell what he found out. He already knew he was about to have a long talk with the old kage.