14 - New Bonds

Yui opened her eyes and looked around the unfamiliar room she was in. Her eyes darted around to see if she could see anyone in the room. In the kitchen, stood a taller boy with messy, blonde hair cooking with tools he brought. She recognized it as Naruto, the boy who saved her yesterday. "Oh, you're up, breakfast is almost ready." Naruto said.

"W-whats breakfast?" Yui asked. Naruto wasn't shocked that she didn't know what it was at this point. "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it gives energy for the rest of the day, so I'm making some for the trip ahead of us. We're going far away from here." Naruto said. Yui was shocked that she was leaving the village.

"W-what? But where are we g-going? A-am I even allowed to leave?" She kept asking questions, but Naruto put a hand on her shoulder to stop her. "We're going to a different village, one that will take care of the both of us. And yes, you can leave, you don't want to stay here, do you?" Naruto said. Yui shook her head. "Then will you come with me for a better life?" Yui looked up and jumped up and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him. "Thank you." She said.

Naruto smiled and hugged her back. They stayed in the hug for a few moments until Naruto remembered that he was making breakfast, so he let go of Yui and finished it, letting Yui eat breakfast for probably the first time of her life. Naruto finished packing all that he took out and left the hotel with Yui in hand.

Naruto was wearing a black shirt with orange lining, black ANBU-style pants, combat boots, and a familiar purple head band.

Everyone was giving them surprised and happy looks, Naruto didn't pay attention to any of them, but he knew Yui wasn't used to them like he was, so he pulled her closer to him to protect her. Naruto started hearing murmurs among the crowd that formed behind them. He heard things like. "Is he leaving with her?" And "They better get the hell out." "Demons, both of them, glad they're leaving." If Yui wasn't there he would've slaughtered the entire village right there, but he kept those urges down to not scare Yui.

They didn't make it ten meters outside the village when people started celebrating that she was gone. Naruto turned around to look at all the happy people and gave them a death stare, but none of them even saw it, they were to busy right now. He was about to go towards them, but was stopped by Yui tugging his hand. "L-lets just go. I don't wanna stay here anymore." Naruto took a deep breath and turned back around, leaving the now fully celebrating village behind.

"This is gonna be a long trip, if you want, I can carry you all the way there, we'll get there by the end of the day if we do it that way. Wanna do that?" Naruto asked. Yui thought about it for a moment and answered. "S-sure, but how fast are we going?" She asked. "It'll be fast, but I'll protect you the entire way." Naruto said reassuring her. "OK."

Naruto picked her up bridal style and jumped to a high tree branch, then continued jumping. Yui was shocked at the level of strength that Naruto showed, carrying all their supplies and her while jumping was impossible for the people in that little village.

True to his word, they arrived a few minutes later to the gates of a larger village with waterfalls behind it. He set her down. "Do you feel dizzy at all? Wanna make make sure your OK." He asked, and Yui shook her head. "No, but, c-can we do that again?" She asked with stars in her eyes. Naruto chuckled. "Not right now, but we can do it again tomorrow if you want, that sound good?" He asked, and Yui nodded. They started walking in the village, but were stopped by the village guards.

"Halt, state your purpose." One of the guards said. "We're just here to see if we can move here, I heard that this place might be a good place to stay." Naruto answered truthfully. The guards didn't think he was lying, but they still wanted to make sure. "Are you a shinobi, you landed here pretty fast." The other guard asked.