41 - Rivals

Madara and Hashirama were rushing towards Naruto, each preparing an attack. Madara from above, and Hashi: an uppercut. Right when they were about to connect, Naruto caught Hashi's punch and sent Madara flying passed him. Madara landed and turned back to Naruto, but when he did, Hashi was sent flying into him thanks to Naruto throwing him.

After Madara stopped sliding backwards, he looked back up and saw Naruto right in front of the two of them. Before either of them could react, Naruto sent a punch into Hashi's stomach, sending the both of them flying back and separating from each other when they landed.

Both got to there feet and looked at the slowly approaching Naruto, who had an ever-sinister grin plastered on his face still. "When was the last time we worked together like this? Do you remember?" Madara asked Hashi. "I believe it was when we formed Konoha, was the last time we last saw eye to eye on something." Hashi responded.

"Hmph. I never thought that I would end up fighting side by side with you once more after that. Let alone against an enemy that's most likely stronger than both of us combined. At least try to keep up with me." Madara said while activating the rib cage to the susano'o, creating a blue aura around himself. He activated his rinnegan and pulled his Uchiwa fan back to his hand.

"I should be telling you that. Wasn't I the one who won that final battle?" Hashi asked. "You didn't kill me, so no, you didn't." Madara confidently said. "Damn. Eh, oh well, at least I can redeem myself." Hashi said as he activated his sage mode, making a green aura appear around him.

"You finally done? About time." Naruto said, annoyed. "You could've attacked us at anytime, you know." Madara said. "I just wanted you to say you final words to each other first." At this, Naruto surrounded himself in a dark red bubbly aura that grew long, fox-like ears and three tails behind him. Also activating his rinnegan, he recalled the Raijin'noken into his hand, and swung it down, cracking the earth open without the sword without it even touching the ground.

Without being intimidated by his strength, Madara and Hashi rushed to their mutual enemy, and Naruto did the same. They all clashed and engaged in taijutsu/kenjutsu combat.

-With Minato-

Looking on at the fight between his son and two legendary figures; obviously, he was worried for him, but at the same time, he felt a very different emotion: pride. His son, who had unlocked the sharingan at just five years old, was now fighting the two most legendary and powerful people to ever live. And he wasn't even using his full power to do it. Minato could sense it, and he knew Madara and Hashi could too. They were being toyed with.

"Sensei..." Minato heard behind him. He turned to see Kakashi walking up next to him. "...Again, I know he's your son, but we need your power to stop him and make him come to his senses again. He has the sharingan, and I'm assuming he got them from you." Kakashi said. Minato stayed quiet for a few moments.

"You're right...he did get them from me. But I don't know if I can fight him. I can't help but blame myself for all of this. If I had just been stronger, been faster, I could have saved myself and Kushina and raised him like a normal kid." Minato had tears falling from his eyes now. "I just...I..."

"Sensei, don't beat yourself up over this, we'll figure out why he's doing this, I promise. But in order to do that, we need to calm him down first, and you're the only person I can think of that can do that, since it looks like he still respects you." Kakashi explained, he hated seeing the man he idolized the most so broken like this. He knew he shouldn't bring up Obito right now, so he had already gotten someone to take him away as far as possible since he'll be out for a while longer.

"I-I know...I know. I just don't know if I have the willpower to fight him." Minato said, looking down. "Hokage-sama, if you don't help us stop him, then the entire world will be in danger, he's lost his mind, and isn't thinking straight. I don't think he'll stop on his own until everyone is dead."