35 - Memory Lane

Yeah I'm not dead, but I'm sorry that it's taken so long to put a chapter out. I recently moved again and started work, so I've been focusing mainly on the army, I hope you understand. Also, this chapter has some sensitive material in the beginning, you've been warned.

Konoha, a shell of what it used to be, scrambling to keep itself together since there are almost no shinobi in the village right now thanks to the war. Or at least, that's what Naruto thought about it as he stood on top of the mountain with the stone faces overlooking the village that he once lived in.

"At least this view hasn't changed." Naruto said to himself, looking at the admittedly beautiful village at night. "But even after all this time, you people also haven't changed." He jumped down from the ledge and used his rinnegan to slowly lower himself to the ground once he got close. "And I wonder if they are the same."

He made his way through the city, making no effort to hide himself from anyone. He didn't care anymore. He walked for several minutes until he stumbled on a scene in an alleyway, unseen from everyone else. A man was moving towards a young girl. Naruto could already smell the alcohol in the man's breath.

"Come on sweetie, quit being a little shit and come here." The man said in an aggressive tone. He reached out his hand to grab onto the girl's hair, but was stopped when a hand grabbed his own arm instead. He looked at the new face that interrupted them, seeing a young, blonde-haired man with a furious-looking face.

"Let go of me kid, this has nothing to do with you." The man said. As much as Naruto wanted to make a comeback, he couldn't bring himself to do it, he couldn't bear to take another life like this. So not knowing what to do now, he followed the order, letting his wrist go and walked away.

"You got a good head on your shoulders boy. Now where were we." The man said. "Daddy, please stop!" The girl yelled, making Naruto stop in his tracks. He turned his head slowly to the pair. "She's your daughter?" He asked lightly, but still with a dangerous tone.

"Tch, you were doing just fine leaving, so I suggest you get back to it!" The man yelled to the stranger. He turned around to show the man that he wasn't scared of the blonde, but was instantly knocked to the ground with a hand over his face, silencing his threats.

With his hand making contact with the man's head, he began ruffling through his memories, finding that the girl was indeed his daughter. A little after she was born, the mother died, sending the man into an alcohol-fueled depression. Taking his anger out on his daughter, who was now 10. The more he saw of their home life, the tighter the grip on his head was. The pain was getting unbearable.

Naruto was about to let go and start beating the man himself, but stopped when he found some more memories. He looked, and saw the daughter being raped by her father. Not only did he take out his anger on her, but also his sexual frustrations on her since it was all he had. Naruto also found out that he was planning to do it again if she hadn't escaped from him.

Naruto left the man's mind and began squeezing his hand more, stepping on one of his arms, and grabbing the other with his free hand. He squeezed tighter, the man's eye popping out of its socket, and blood spilling out from his covered mouth and nose. Naruto squeezed even tighter, and tighter, and tighter, until the man's head popped, sending blood all over him and the girl. He opened his now clenched fist, pieces of the skull and flesh falling to the ground with a splat.

He sat there for a moment, almost...proud of his accomplishment. His blue eyes turned red and he felt himself about to start laughing, but was stopped when he heard soft cries coming from the girl in front of him. She looked petrified, with her father's blood now covering her from head to toe. It was a miracle she wasn't screaming, even if he was the worst, he was still the only thing she had taking care of her.