40 - Friends

Naruto stared at the crater he had just formed by shooting a biju bomb into the ground towards the third hokage. He did it, the revenge he didn't know he was ever going to get was now somewhat fulfilled.

"Why stop there?" A dark voice in his head called out that wasn't Kurama. "You again." Naruto said as he entered his mindscape. He opened his eyes and saw Kurama in front of him, so he turned around and saw the other him from when he destroyed Iwa.

"Told you I would be back. But what are you going to do now?" Yang Naruto asked.

"Tch, I'm not giving you control if that's what you're asking. You're not killing anyone else!" Yin Naruto said.

"Oh don't worry, I don't want to do that. No...I want you to do that." Yang said, pointing to Yin.

"What the fuck are you on?!" Yin said. "Careful kit, don't indulge him." Kurama said to get Yin's attention away from his manifested dark side. "Kinda hard to do when he can talk to me in my head at any time."

"Oh don't be like that. I just want to show this fool the truth." Yang said.

"What truth don't I already know?"

"The truth of how you feel for everyone outside."

"What do you mean?"

"I know you don't want to save them. You said it yourself."

"You fucking Idiot, I was bluffing to keep them from looking for me after this war. I didn't actually mean it. I want them safe!"

"Do you, though? I am literally you, I know your exact thoughts, and I know deep down, that you weren't bluffing."

"Shut up."

"I know you don't care for them."

"Shut up." Yin said a bit louder.

"I know you just wanted to let go and start killing them yourself. It's just your nature to kill what you hate."

"Shut up! I'm not you!"

"And I know you're not doing this to protect Fuu."

"I SAID SHUT UP!" Yin went in to blindly punch Yang, but was redirected into the ground. Yin tried to get up, but his face was slammed into the ground, the ankle-deep water doing nothing to stop his momentum.

Kurama tried to go after Yang with his tails, but because it was Yang's mindscape too, he had full control. He raised his hand in the air, and red deity gates fell from the endless black sky and held all of Kurama's limbs and tails in place. Kurama was about to yell something, but one more gate fell over his snout and kept his mouth shut.

"I don't need you to stop this, so stay out of it." Yang said calmly. Before Kurama could do anything, not like he could anyway, Yang took Yin to another room in these endless sewers.

Yang, who had held Yin's face down this entire time, let go and let him get to his knees. Luckily for Yin, he can't drown in his own mind, he just couldn't speak.

Once Naruto was sitting up right, Yang grabbed the back of Yin's hair and made him look at his blood-red eyes. "You're holding yourself back and you know it."

Yang threw Yin's head back forward, but Yin caught himself before he hit the ground. "If you truly want to end this war, then you need to give up your humanity, and let go of everything." Yin coldly said.