22 - Fall, Like Water

Snow was now falling, covering everything in a white blanket. Winter is now here.

Three shinobi were jumping from tree to tree, appearing to be looking for something. "Are you sure it's here?" One said. "Yes, I'm sure, we wouldn't be here if I didn't think so." The one in front replied.

They traveled deeper into the woods until the heard the sound of running water in the distance.

"You hear that, boys? Our ticket to absolute freedom." The same man in the front said. They continued forward until they hit a clearing, and in that clearing, a small lake with a waterfall endlessly dropping water into it.

They approached the lake slowly in case someone was watching. This place is usually guarded really heavily, but the guards are all on break, their leaders' orders.

"Aoi, I think I heard something behind us." They all looked back into the tree-line, but saw nothing. The leader, now named Aoi, put his hand on the hilt of his sword.

They turned back to the water fall and froze. There stood a figure that wasn't there before. It was turned away from them.

It wore some sort of cloak with a hood over its head. It stood at least 5'10, but they couldn't make out any other features. They heard a thud behind them, so they turned again and saw another figure, this time leaning against a tree and wearing the same cloak and hood. This figure stood 6'3, and they could see its mouth under the shadows, but nothing else.

Aoi prepared to face the figure next to the water, while the two behind him took the one on the tree. Aoi unsheathed his sword and coated it with lightning chakra. The trio charged their respective opponents at the same time.

Aoi swung his sword horizontally, hoping to cut the figures head off for an easy victory. The figure ducked and placed both hands on the snow-covered ground, launching its foot into the air, heading straight for Aoi's head. Aoi backed up in time to dodge barely, and the cloaked figure launched itself into the air, did several flips and landed its heel into the ground where Aoi was standing.

The kick was dodged and snow was dispersed everywhere due to the force the foot landed. Aoi was fast though, so when the figure landed he immediately went for a vertical slice. The figure seemed to predict this action however, because as the blade was coming down, it diverted the blade with its hand off to the side, and sent a punch to his face that made him let go of his sword and fly into a tree.

Aoi struggled to get up, but eventually did, he looked around and saw that the second figure leaning on the tree had not moved from his spot. He saw the footprints of his comrades ending right in front of it.

"W-where did they go?" Aoi asked the figure.

"Gone." He said with a male voice and emotionless tone.

This infuriated Aoi. He tried getting up, but the second figure punched him into the ground again. "Just stay down. You can't win." It said with a female voice.

"This is the nidaime hokages' sword, the Raijin'noken (sword of raijin). How the hell did you get this?" Aoi looked at the man who was now holding the sword over where he dropped it. "Why the fuck would I tell you." Aoi spat back.

The figure removed his hood to show his long, spiky, blonde hair, and turned to show his bright blue eyes. The other figure also removed her hood, showing her short green hair and orange eyes.

Naruto channeled some chakra into the blade, and it starting absorbing massive amounts of his chakra.

"The hell?! Why was my chakra being absorbed so fast?" Naruto asked. Aoi was shocked, he had that sword for a long time, but never once saw it act like that before. "I think it reacted to your lightning affinity." Aoi explained.