11 - Hell Hath No Fury

"I'm doing this for her! I'm going to win this for Hinata!"

Naruto looked ahead to his classmate he was fighting in the preliminaries: Kiba. "I don't know what happened to her, but I'll find out, and live on for her."

Everyone else watching was either confused or surprised at the outburst. Their classmates were trying to remember who this Hinata was, while another hyuga member was glaring at the boy.

The hokage on the other hand, was silently sweating bullets, if he kept talking about her, then it'll piss off Naruto, who will probably hurt him bad. He prepared himself to interfere if needed.

Naruto remembered seeing the name on the memorial stone, but still couldn't remember her for the life of him. He didn't have much time to remember, because Kiba's dog: Akamaru, transformed into a clone of him. They began spinning, and launched towards Naruto at fast speeds. Naruto barely dodged in time, and ran to the side to regroup himself.

Kiba wasn't letting up though, he kept attacking until finally, he hit Naruto in the back. Naruto fell forward, but Kiba and Akamaru attacked again, this time hitting Naruto at the exact same time. Everyone thought it was over for Naruto, but after a few seconds, Naruto got to his feet. "That all you got? Show me what she means to you." Naruto got in a stance, and Kiba launched once again at Naruto. Naruto stuck his arm out and caught Kiba as he was spinning, soon catching the Kiba clone with his other hand, too.

Naruto gripped their arms, and threw them to the other side of the arena. Both Kibas landed on their feet, and the real Kiba launched again. Only this time, when Naruto dodged to the side, he chopped the back of Kiba's neck, knocking him out. The other Kiba transformed back into dog form and went to his master. "The winner of this match, Uzumaki Naruto." Naruto was about to leave when he heard Kiba's light crying.

Naruto crouched down and started talking to Kiba. "That was a good match, and a good effort, I'm sure she's proud of you right now. Now come on, you don't wanna embarrass yourself in front of the other villages now, do you?" Naruto asked, holding out his hand. Kiba looked up, and took the hand, gaining smiles from the sensei's. When Naruto got back up to the stands, they all looked at him. "What?" He asked.

"That was kind of you to do, something I didn't expect from you, honestly." Ino said. "What Can I say." He looked to the hokage, who was looking at him, too. "I'm just full of surprises." He said with a smirk. The hokage caught a glint in Naruto's eye as he said it, which he understood immediately. "Now, I need to take a nap, I haven't had very good sleep for the past week. Wake me up when the last match is going on."

Since his match was near the beginning, it took a while for him to get woken up for the end of it, but he was woken up at one point when there was a massive shaking in the arena. Apparently, someone opened some of the eight gates, and still lost the match somehow, they're opponent must have been strong to still win. He went ahead and stayed awake for the next 4 matches since they won't take long. Once all the matches ended, they all went to the arena to find out the brackets for the last phase of these exams. Naruto looked and saw he was fighting Hyuga Neji. 'A Hyuga, this might be more difficult than I thought.'

The next day they all went to train to prepare for the finals, Sasuke was taken by Kakashi, and Sakura went to the library. They had a month to train now, and Naruto didn't know what to do, so he went to the hokage for any directions.

He was told that someone was here to see him, and he had to go to the hot springs to find him, so he did. When he got there, he heard giggling from the roof of the building, he went up to check who it was and get him to stop. He found a man with long, spiky white hair, giggling like the pervert he was. "HEY!" Naruto called out loud enough for the girls below to look up at the old man. They screamed and got out of there as fast as they could.