18 - Soldiers

No one knows why it happened, but five years ago, the fourth mizukage, Karatachi Yagura, had lost it after a group of psychos in the Kaguya clan attacked his village for no apparent reason. The Kaguya clan had the ability to manipulate their own bones with their kekkei genkai. The clan had always had a history of being violent and psychotic sometimes for no reason, so to some, it came as no surprise that they'd be bold enough to do something like this.

For Yagura however, he declared that anyone with a kekkei genkai will be executed on the spot. Most people thought that he did this as a safety procedure to protect everyone and followed their leader without hesitation. Some saw this as their usually nice and understanding leader to have finally lost his mind to the stress of being a jinchuriki, and left the village, not wanting to be in the path of the sanbi.

But for those who did have bloodlines, they all tried to either flee or fight back against the suddenly tyrannical leader, which didn't end well for them. The ones that fled formed a resistance army, gathering everyone who was willing to fight for their cause, which surprisingly, was a lot. Mei stepped up as the leader, since up until that point, nobody wanted to take up that role.

They set up shop in a small village and prepared an attack on another small village being controlled by Yagura. They were successful in the invasion, so they decided to use that village as their new base since it was a little bigger than their last.

Now they had made their presence known.

They tried again to take over another village, but the operation failed because that village was more prepared after hearing what happened to the neighbor village. The rebels lost a lot of their forces on that attack, so Mei settled on gaining control of the smaller villages to gain those forces back.

After another failed attempt for another village, Mei had enough of the slow progression, so she finally took the advise of some of her followers and asked another village for help, which was thankfully accepted.

"So this is the village?" Tenten asks Mei, as they all pass the entrance to a small village that the rebel army used as their base of operations. This village is on an island far enough from Kiri that they haven't noticed them yet.

"Yes it is, it may look small from here, but underground is an entire army ready to attack. And now that we have you, victory is closer than ever, it's only a matter of time now." She explained as they walked into a bar. The bartender saw who walked in and stepped to the side, opening the door to the back of the building, revealing a another door with a staircase leading down into a dark hallway.

At the end of the hall...another door, this time with a small light above it, illuminating it ominously. With this one, Mei knocked on it, and a small panel slid away to show a pair of eyes, the person then closed it abruptly and removed the locks on the door, opening it for his leader.

"Welcome back Mei, I assume the mission was a success?" The guard said, looking at the konoha shinobi behind her. "Thank kami, huh? These are some of the best konoha had to offer, I'll show them around, then we'll get the show on the road. Let the messenger team know to let the other villages know that we are ready." Mei ordered the guard. "Yes ma'am!" He responded as he walked away.

They all walked through an archway to see a very large, circular room that branches off into different, smaller rooms in several places. In the middle was a section that came out from the ground that had a map of the land of water on it. Several hundred people walked around until they all saw their leader and stopped.

"My loyal followers! I have returned with help! Please welcome the konoha shinobi that were willing to help all of us out!" Mei yelled, and everyone started cheering for them. After the cheering died down a little, Mei spoke once more. "Alright, I want everyone to prepare for battle, we are storming all the villages we can before we get to Kiri! We will be leaving tomorrow morning, so be ready! Because THIS WILL BE WAR!" She yelled the last part to hype up the crowd, who started cheering again.