33 - Unwanted

Another 3 days have passed since the gravestone was placed, and since then, Naruto had not left his spot. People all around the village come to pay their respects to him and Yui, trying to thank him or apologize. But they got no response from him.

Fuu landed behind him and saw he hadn't moved since she last saw him. She could even see some snow starting to build up on him. She walked to him and brushed the snow off of him and his clothes and wrapped a blanket around him to keep him somewhat warm. She noticed that he was getting skinnier, meaning he wasn't eating properly.

"You know even if you're a jinchuriki, it's not good for you to stay here all day, right?" Fuu asked. Naruto didn't look at her. "I know, but I don't care." He replied. Fuu looked disappointed as she backed away and flew off somewhere.

Naruto still hadn't gotten much sleep in the last few days, so bags were still as prominent as ever. Soon he felt his eyelids start to get heavy, he tried desperately to try and keep them up, but failed. His eyes closed, and he started to sleep.

When Naruto opened his eyes, he found himself in a sewer-like system. "My mindscape? Kurama, you there?" Naruto called out. He was confused when he didn't get a response back from the demon, meaning something was up. He usually answered if he entered his mindscape unwillingly.

Naruto started to walk around to find Kurama, but instead found an empty room with someone else in it. The old man opened his eyes to reveal a pair of silver rinnegan, much like his own. "Who the hell are you?" Naruto called out.

"My name is Otsutsuki Hagoromo, but you may know me as the sage of six paths." Naruto was surprised to see the legendary figure in his mind. "Well what the hell do you want? Why are you in MY head?!" Naruto asked impatiently and aggressively.

"I am here because you are my reincarnation, my successor, the next sage of six paths. The child chosen by fate to-"

"Shut up." Hagoromo was interrupted by Naruto. "W-what?"

"I said shut up. Do you know what the hell I've gone through, or are your all-seeing rinnegan eyes faulty? What makes you think I would want this?" Naruto asked the demi-god. Hagoromo was speechless to this, he wasn't expecting his successor to respond like this.

"I...I thought that you would accept this fact. I take it you don't want the power to change this world?" Naruto looked at him as if he had just insulted him. "You came here just to give me more USELESS power? You really don't know me at all."

"Actually, I do, I've seen all of your memories, so I know what I'm talking about. But I figured that you had enough of the way this world runs, so I thought you would want to change it for the better. That's why I contacted you at your lowest point, so you can make your triumphant return and save this world."

"...Fuck this world. If these dumbass people want to destroy themselves, then let 'em, I don't give a shit anymore. As long as Fuu isn't entangled in any of it at least." Naruto said with no emotion.

"And what would you do if she was involved?" Hagoromo asked nervously. Naruto slightly smiled a sadistic smile. "Then I'm burning this whole world to the ground. And trust me when I say, I don't need your stupid power to do it."

Hagoromo stared with wide eyes. "Then I'm sorry." "Hm? For what?" Naruto asked. As soon as he asked this, he felt energy enter his body. He recoiled at first and got down to one knee. "What the hell is happening, I SAID I DON'T WANT YOUR POWER!"

"I'm sorry Naruto, but I only came here in the first place to let you know you will be receiving my chakra, whether you wanted it or not, this chakra now belongs to yo-" He was interrupted by Naruto punching him straight in the face, sending the water around them away in the shockwave. Hagoromo himself went flying back into a wall, cracking it.