27 | Preliminaries (Final)

The arena, which was conquered by the darkness, is now being lit by the only woman who's walking gracefully towards her opponent.

Hair dancing at every move, emitting golden rays from her golden brown hair with some imaginary light flakes, her brilliance dominated the arena with her ability, which is light thorns that are now circulating through her enemy.

Everything started fast, as to after her heels stepped through the cemented floor of the arena, suddenly, her ability came rushing towards her enemy and caged her, while my eyes are locked with the one who wore her scars more than anyone else. Her light magic, as she proudly showed it to everyone as the unique one who owns them.

The fight ended quickly, as above her head, a Level 36 materialized, which means she's also one of the top students that this school has.

“She's an angel?”

“A Galantus! The highest rank of the fallen angel!”

“Why is she here?”

Kanya-kanyang bulungan ang narinig sa paligid, ngunit karamihan ay namangha sa pinakita nito. Right, it's the first time they saw light magic, after all, they're banned to enter our realm. Only Galantus remained since they're the fallen angels that were thrown out of their realm, Angelia Eassiapia.

Marami pang mga natawag, hanggang sa nayari ang araw at nagpasyang ipagpatuloy kinabukasan.

Shinoa woke up not later than that day and asked us what happened, which we told her what happened. Her face clearly showed how disappointed she is, nevertheless, she was given an appreciation from the Principal, saying that it's one of the good fights he ever saw and that the officials acknowledged her abilities. She's now part of the Special Section, the reason why she was given a letter.

Ang sa amin daw ni Mika ay malalaman namin kung mapapasama kami, lalo na't hindi pa naman ako lumalaban.

Kinabukasan.

Nakaupo kaming tatlo at tamad na tamad na nanunuod. The two keep me company, which is why they always ask me about things, and Shinoa being Shinoa, she's telling a weird story while there's a fight happening in front of us.

“Kaia Asteria Xiel von Sy'yski.” Natauhan ako nang marinig ang aking pangalan at mabilis na napaupo. Finally!

“Nixon Kaellus Vail Lockéhart, please come in front.”

Kasabay ng nakakabinging sigawan, bumagsak ang balikat ko sa aking narinig. It's clear that the winner will be him. Psh.

But still, I would give my best and fight him with my secret ability. I couldn't help but smirk.

Kaellus always gave them a good impression without effort, that's what I constantly heard from them. Hmm, let's give them some good fights, then.

Naglakad ako nang tahimik papunta sa ibaba habang ang mga tao ay nagsisigawan pa rin. I am somehow thankful by his presence, because right now, I'm not the center of the attention, which would be awkward for me if I am. Nang makarating ako sa gitna ay tsaka lamang ako napansin at nagsimulang magbulungan na isinawalang-bahala ko na lamang. Tumingin ako sa aking makakalaban na naglalakad mula sa kabilang lugar kung saan ako dumaan.

Nakapamulsa ito at tahimik na naglalakad na kasalungat nang napakalakas na sigawan kanina, suot ang marangyang damit hindi tulad ng nauna, ay kulay itim ito, ngunit agaw-atensyon pa rin ang mga gintong nakadesenyo rito.

His eyes bore into me lazily, yet still sent shivers on my spine. My eyes found his lips where a boyish smirk slowly appeared from them.

“It seems like we're destiny to fight with each other,” I announced coldly with a mockingly smirk that appeared on my lips once he's almost in front of me. He licked his lower lip as I heard a chuckle escaped on his lips.