17 | Rainbow Scales

ZHYMIR MIKAELA

“What the fuck is happening here?”

Quickly facing where the voice thundered through this beautiful crystal-like waterfall in the middle of greenery surroundings, only to find a monster location below the depth of that illusion water; and saw my brother with my unconscious best friend in his arms.

My eyes caught sight of a monster getting suspended by those powerful mists that are familiar to me, but my attention is focused on my brother as he marched his way towards us.

Concern quickly washed over me, looking at my poor best friend in her state— pale, like lifeless, with her once beautiful white dress was dirtied with her blood, and her messy hair is everywhere. I was about to run towards them when her brother, Calixus, came to my brother's place and started checking her.

“It's okay,” Calixus assured us after he placed the back of his hand on Xiel's forehead. “Her body's already filtering the toxins inside. She'll be okay.”

I placed my hand on my lips, still not removing my gaze to Xiel, with my body started shaking.

“How did you find this monster?” Xavier's voice reached my hearing, as to when my gaze turned to him, he's demanding a question from me.

It was Xiel who destroyed its Ultima Imperium, for the first time in history, and the reason why they're here inside.

“We just happened to come here by coincidence. The waterfall sound is so tempting,” pag-aamin ko.

Maybe if we didn't come here, Xiel wouldn't be hurt. After all, her body's fragile and she couldn't protect herself unlike us.

No, since we're on its Ultima Imperium, we weren't able to use our abilities earlier.

We were helpless.

“That's what those students that were being interrogated before always said. We've been looking for this monster since yesterday.” Nagkatinginan kami ni Shinoa sa narinig mula kay Xavier.

“I'll finish it.”

Hearing my brother's asserted with his deep, scary voice, my heart started to beat thumping that I gulped, feeling my body trembling at the sight of him. He looks murderous right now while looking at the monster who keeps getting suppressed and I know he's furious at us for being here even when we shouldn't be.

He asked me to get out of this one yet I broke my promise. . .

Unti-unting naalis ang mists na nakapalupot sa halimaw, dahilan upang muling sumabog ang mga buhok nitong ahas kung saan inaabot ng napakahabang metro.

But before it could move, my brother's brilliance Ignis ignited to our place, and it is scorching that even the water itself starts emitting those streams, signals of it evaporating. A transparent with some violet color barrier encircled us, protection so that we won't be able to get hurt by my brother's fire, yet it's still too hot inside yet I couldn't do anything but to stay here, watching what will my brother do.

“Your brother is scary when he's angry,” Shinoa mumbled beside me, which I couldn't agree with more.

With those blazing crystal flames dancing to the land, engulfing everything, even the green surroundings itself, that no matter which it passed through would end up being a burnt, charcoal-like visual of the poor nature who couldn't withstand my brother's fury from the Draconem Serpentem he's trying to erase from this world.

Ear-splitting sounds from vipers' shouts echoed to the place, making me cover my ears trying to help myself. They are begging for their lives, but did they let their preys go when they were begging for their lives too? No.