26 | Preliminaries (IV)

Calixus stood there, and even though he's showing that usually bored expression that he has right now, I know my brother than anyone in this gymnasium. My brother is amused at my best friend.

It was Shinoa's sheer determination that made him change his mind.

Shinoa just gave him a mockingly smirk before she fixed herself. “Your Highness, I'm going to start,” she said seriously.

As slowly, the land where she's standing emitted a red aura like a fountain that suddenly burst upward, making people gasp in unknown force that they just felt— another powerful force aside from the Specials whom these people are looking up.

And in a blink of an eye, Calixus' iris turned dark violet surrounded by black corneas, as there are some dark-colored marks, like the root of tree crawling towards his eyes and to the other part of his body.

The powerful force could be felt inside the arena because of both my brother and Shinoa's strength. Suddenly, the whole arena was turned into a prison of those dark aurae fighting for owning this place.

Napunit ang damit ng aking kapatid sa lakas ng pwersang kanyang inilalabas, na dahilan upang makita ang tattoo nito sa kanyang braso. A tattoo of a black wolf occupies his right back through his shoulder. The wolf seemed to be glowing in darkness as to when the light from above came contact with it, and with my brother's alabaster skin, his birthmark would surely catch everyone's eyes whenever they see it.

Dark flames encircled him which spread towards the whole arena as if the floor was a combustible material that suddenly ignited by heat. Medium length horns appear on both sides of his head as his lips became color violet which he used to smile dangerously.

Darkness glowing in depravity could be seen in his eyes as he made his way closer to where Shinoa, who remained smiling so bright, as each second that passes by, the tension keeps growing that I sighed heavily.

“Hope he gave her mercy and. . . a good fight,” I murmured. Knowing Shinoa, she's been craving for some good ones.

Based on his appearance, especially his horns, it's only on his ‘beginner’ ability that my brother is using right now. Kung sa level ng kapangyarihan ang basehan, nasa level 2 palang ang kanyang kapangyarihang inilalabas.

Sumandal ako sa aking upuan at tinignn ang aking mga kamay. They are shaking, as electricity keeps burning my body. My danger instinct keeps telling me that the power these two are emitting is so dangerous that I need to get out. Fast.

“Why do I have this feeling na malapit ka nang matawag?” Mika said that caused me to look at her.

I shrugged. “That couldn't be helped.”

“I want to see your ability again,” tugon nya na hindi ko na lamang pinansin.

“Yung babae. . . bakit hindi sya gumagalaw?” Someone beside me whispered.

Muli akong sumilip at nakitang nakatayo pa rin d'on si Shi at walang ginagawa.

Ano kayang gagawin nito? Kung tutuusin ay ngayon ko lamang muli makikita ang kapangyarihan nito dahil napakatagal naming nagkahiwalay. Si Mika ay matagal ko ring hindi nakita, ngunit alam ko kung kailan nito hindi nakukuntrol ang kanyang kapangyarihan.

Well, Shinoa is on a different side because she could control her abilities well. Iyon lang, hindi ko alam kung gaano na ito kalakas ngayon.

I switched on my chair when I saw Shinoa's aura suddenly increased, and slowly, they surrounded her as if they're part of her outfit. Like the first one she showed us, her outfit is still the same. Ang pinagkaiba lang ay ang paglabas ng pakpak nitong parang malaking paniki at ang paghampas nito sa hangin ay dahilan upang kumalat ang aura nitong nakapaligid sa kanya.