32 | Little Demon

“In this world, there are various untold magical truths that you know nothing of.” The praeceptor pointed at someone in the class. “How could you tell if you're under an illusion or not?”

This is ability class, since a month of physical training is done, we will move to the next and foremost thing that we need to learn, and that is to train our abilities.

“By hurting yourself? If you got hurt—”

“Wrong!” His voice thundered through this four-walled room as he placed his attention on someone. “Answer my question!”

“B-By. . .” Mukha itong nag-iisip, at hindi pa man nakakasagot nang inunahan na ito ng guro.

“Again, wrong! You are the Special Section, but all of you are so stupid that you don't deserve to be in this class!” With face darkening, he glared at me before pointing me his trembling forefinger in anger he's feeling. “Answer my question! Or else I will fail all of you! Desgracia!”

And now, our grades are in my hands.

I sighed heavily. “By thinking.”

Singhapan ang maririnig sa paligid, at ang guro sa aming harap ay mas lalong kumunot ang noo at panigurado, sasabihan rin akong mali nang hindi pa tinatanong ang dahilan rito, kaya't mabilis akong nagsalita.

“Our brain is powerful. . . much powerful than we assume it is. By thinking thoroughly, we will be able to distinguish the difference between reality and illusion.” Tamad akong tumayo.

“For example, someone used an illusion to you, yes, the first answer is somehow right. You can hurt yourself in able to wake up since your parietal lobe will interpret pain from the injury you've created, causing you to wake up; but the easiest way? It is by thinking that you're just dreaming.”

“As I've mentioned, our brain is powerful. Our brain controls most of our body parts. You can escape an illusion by waking up, just like how we command our body to wake up in the middle of our nightmares.”

“However, it doesn't apply to someone whose mental abilities are weak. That's why all of us need to improve our minds through logic, after all, logic holds a great amount of knowledge in magics. Well, that's only my opinion.” And there's no right and wrong in terms of opinions.

Dahan-dahan akong umupo. Nagkaroon ng katahimikan sa paligid. Alam kong naguguluhan ang iba sa sagot ko. May kanya-kanya tayong opinyon sa mga bagay at iyang sinabi ko? Isang halimbawa lamang.

“R-Right. . .” Nautal ang guro nang sabihin ito ngunit mabilis na inayos ang sarili. “That's what experienced students would say, right Miss. . .?”

“Kaia Xiel von Sy'yski, and no, I haven't experience being under illusions yet.” Smiling to the professor who seemed to be shocked at my answer. Napaawang ang labi nito ngunit mabilis na inayos ang sarili.

“B-But that's what experienced magicians will say. Anyway, for those inexperienced, it's f-fine. Inexperienced as you are, the more you learn, the sooner you'll be able to open those infinite doors of knowledge. D-Dismissed.” Natatarantang ani nito at mabilis na inayos ang kanyang mga gamit bago halos patakbong lumalabas sa aming kwarto. What? Sobrang aga pa, ah? At hindi pa tumutunog ang bell para sa dismissal.

Nagulat ako ng mabilis na dumagsa ng mga ito sa aking pwesto. “That was cool, Asteria!” Aphrodite said and chuckled. Sumama ang mukha ko sa tinawag nito sa akin.

“How many times do I have to tell you that stop calling me—”

“Asteria!” Mika shouted laughing, walking faster to where I am. She didn't sit with us since she said she wouldn't able to learn if Shinoa would continue to talk, especially once Shinoa speaks or even asked a question, she's going to answer it no matter how nonsense it is.