47 | Strongest Region: Venturia (Ventus)

“What do you feel?”

Mr. Montez asked us once he teleported us again, and just like before, the feeling is gross. However, it isn't as worst as before, because right now it's manageable.

Yet in this place where he teleported us, the surrounding is too calm that it's scary. I don't know if I have trust issues or what. Maybe Calixus inflicted in my mind the word, the calm before the storm because that's how he is.

“I feel so lightweight, Sir. It feels like my mana has been calm and balanced too. I can control them as much as I could.” The Sophomore's president, Acheron answered, fixing his glasses.

Kasama sya sa team namin at sa totoo lang ay bilib na bilib talaga ako sa kanyang ginawa kanina. With those floating gold formulas from his Super Mentality, made wings with those and he even calculated his time to reach the hot spring— which is what Daemonia explained since she's eavesdropping to the other side that time. This child. . .

But what he said was true. I'm feeling light and my motion sickness seemed to lessen.

I secretly punched on the air. If I would be able to control my abilities better, then I'll get over with it, right? I don't have to worry about teleportation anymore! Way to go, Kaia Xiel!

“That's the outcome of controlling the mana in a short time. Eventually, you'll learn new pieces of knowledge regarding mana control. There are benefits of mana skin, which includes the attack of your enemies will be endurable, since mana skin could be a shield without actually holding or casting one.

And since you've maintained it for such a very long time, the level of your control will also increase, and that's what we're going to try inside the next region.” Ngumiti si Mr. Montez na nagdala ng kilabot sa akin. It feels like something bad will happen to us.

A light suddenly appeared somewhere, which made me look at it. The circulating lights on its place made me avert my gaze and now, I felt like vomiting again. My eyes stopped in front and my attention was distracted by it, seeing those people camping with those tents, and there are some smokes above that confirmed from cooking.

“Oh god! Finally, we escape from that hell!” A whisper yet is enough for me to hear. Napabaling ako sa mga ito ngunit iisa lamang ang kaagat kong napansin. All of them look so haggard!

My eyes quickly found Mika especially I remembered that her first mentor will be Ms. Rodriguez. Hindi naman ako nagkamali nang makita ko imagad itong. . . inaalalayan ni Xavier? She looks so haggard, even her hair is so sabog to her face and she looks experiencing motion sickness!

Nang makita ako ni Xavier ay tinanguan nya ako, bago ito bumulong kay Mika na mabilis ikinaangat ng ulo nito. Instantly, her face glowed and she almost ran towards my place and stumble— thankful, Xavier's there for her.

“Xiel, oh my god!” Mabilis itong yumakap sa akin. “Gosh, my human charger!” What the fuck?

“You're so haggard,” I whispered.

Ngumuso ito at sa kanyang gilid ay nakita ko ang kanyang familiar na nakatingin sa akin. I smiled at this cute little being yet she only averted her gold shimmering eyes and even crossed her arms. Attitude rin.

“It's unfair, ha! Bakit hindi kayo mukhang haggard,” biglang sabi ni Mika na nagpabalik ng aking atensyon sakanya. Nakanguso ito na aking ikinatawa. 

“We took a bath on a hot spring.” Nginisihan ko ito at sa aking sinabi ay nanlaki ang mata nya.

“Saan kayo galing?”

“Vultim.”

When she heard it, she instantly frowned.

“That's where brother usually spends her free time polishing his abilities. I don't understand why strong people tend to enjoy being in a dangerous place.” I laughed because I couldn't agree more.