part 2: new crewmates?

Yeonjun

"How's he doing?"

"He's fine, Capt'n! He's breathing, just unconscious... he's lucky he wasn't caught in a storm or anything..."

I groaned, hearing distant, unfamiliar voices talking to one another, followed by the sound of footsteps. I opened my eyes slowly, realizing I was in a ship cabin, with a lantern sitting next to me.

They must've come back for me! I thought to myself, Maybe it was all a bad dream..

I saw that I was on a bed, a pillow beneath my head. Slowly, I turned my head and saw two blurry figures leaning in the doorway.

"How long has he been out?"

"I've lost track Capt'n, probably two days at least."

I could barely make out who they were, but their voices didn't seem familiar to me at all. I squinted a little bit, barely being able to make out their black coat with shiny silver buttons.

Weakly, I tried to move my numbed hand and brought it closer to my face. It was bandaged carefully with gauze, blood seeping through the white bandage. I lowered my hand, seeing the figures standing in the doorway.

"Keep me updated, and bring him out when he wakes up."

"Yes Captain! He won't leave my sight!"

"I'll be up on main deck with the others if you need anything."

The other walked off, his boots hitting the wooden floorboards as he left. I could see the other boy's features more clearly now as he walked over to my bed. He had wavy, dark brown hair with a navy blue jacket, embellished with intricate silver buttons.

His sword was tucked neatly in his belt and tied with a red handkerchief. He must've realized I was awake, because he peered down at me.

"Hey! You're up!" He beamed, "Captain Soobin and I were just talking about you, how are you feeling?"

"Wh-What is this place?" I groaned, rubbing my head, "A-And who are you?"

He looked at me blankly, and huffed.

"That didn't answer my question, but I'm Hueningkai!" The other smiled, helping me sit up, "The captain and I were just talking about you. It's a good thing you woke up. The others though you were a goner."

I looked down at my hands, my left neatly wrapped in white bandage. Looking around the place some more, I lifted up my shirt and saw my chest had been patched up as well.

Hueningkai sat next to me, looking at me curiously.

"You're not that much of a talker, are you?"

"N-No, no, I'm just—" I touched the back of my head, feeling a soft bandage wound around it, "Wh-what happened?"

"Answer my question first," Hueningkai replied, "How are you feeling? Did you rest well the past few days?"

"I-I don't know," I answer, "My head still really hurts... I don't- What happened? How did I—"

Hueningkai snickered, nudging me playfully.

"You really don't remember?" He asked, "Beomgyu found you by the shore barely breathing. Of course, he thought you were dead and said we should leave you there. But then, Taehyun insisted you were alive and brought you here! He's awful good at convincing the captain, I'll say."

I looked at Hueningkai, rubbing the back of my head in confusion.

"Taehyun? Beomgyu? Wh-"

"Ah, I'll bring you to meet everyone else later," Hueningkai dismissed, "Can you walk? Captain Soobin is excited to meet you, I'm sure the others are wondering how you're doing too."