part 9: ship repairs

Captain Soobin watched as they slowly sailed away, watching the sea creature disappear beneath the sea.

"Is everyone okay?" He asked, "Nobody got hurt, right?"

"We're fine, I can't say the same about the ship," Yeonjun replied, leaning on the broken side railings.

Hueningkai and Taehyun threw a couple of loose planks out into the sea, sitting down near the giant pit the octopus had left.

"We're going to have to buy a new ship," Hueningkai said quietly to himself, "This one's beyond repair."

The captain walked over, peering below deck and sighed.

"This one was getting old anyway... I'll see what I can do once we dock," Soobin responded with a huff.

"The Isle of Miroh should be appearing soon," Taehyun chimed in, unfurling a map and looking over it, "We'll be able to stop for supplies, and hopefully get us a new ship."

Soobin hesitated, and huffed.

"I suppose so," He murmured, "Miroh isn't exactly the ideal place I had in mind, but I suppose it'll do."

"Miroh?" Yeonjun piped up, "Captain Bang Cha—"

"Yes, he's from there. I know," Soobin cringed, sighing a breath of cold air, "I'm familiar with that area. The streets are full of pickpockets, thieves, and con artists alike, not exactly the best place to dock. But I digress, its the nearest island to us."

Beomgyu let out a laugh, leaning against the shambled railing.

"Please Captain, you're speaking to a pickpocket mastermind," Beomgyu boasted, pointing to himself, "I'm sure I could outsmart them at their game, no sweat. By the time they lift one finger, I'll probably be running off with all their stuff!"

Captain Soobin rolled his eyes, shaking his head. Yeonjun stood at the helm, Taehyun carefully navigating him through the deep blue sea.

"I don't think I've ever been to the Isle of Miroh before," Yeonjun commented, looking over at Taehyun.

"I haven't either," The other replied, "Captain Soobin avoids it every time we pass by, I can see why he'd want to though. Miroh isn't exactly the friendliest place from what I heard."

Yeonjun mumbled in response, gripping the ship steering wheel.

Their ship was still in ruins, barely being able to sail. The shrouds had been torn down from the octopus, and their sails were in ruins because of it. Not to mention the massive pit in the middle of the ship and their destroyed cannons.

"What if we don't have enough for a new ship?" Yeonjun asked.

"We could always steal one," Beomgyu replied, "But to be honest, we could save up and try to repair this one."

"We'll see whenever we get there," Soobin mumbled, "Let's just try to make it quick, I've always hated that place anyway."

A dim, sleepy town appeared in the distance. The colors were mute compared to the other places they had been to, the cobblestone streets cloudy with dust.

The crew docked at a port, when they realized their anchor system was damaged by the sea monster. Soobin let out a groan of frustration, grabbing a couple ropes.

"Come on, we'll just tie it to a few posts," He huffed, as they walked off the ship. Hueningkai and Beomgyu tied the ship to the dock posts, while Captain Soobin glanced up at the ship.

"This one's gonna need a lot of repair," He sighed, clenching his fists, "I don't think we'll be able to fix it."

"Don't worry Capt'n," Hueningkai consoled, walking over, "We'll see if anyone working at the docks can repair the ship, if not— There's always other options."