part 7: captain vs cannon expert

The next morning, Taehyun walked into Yeonjun' room and shook him awake. The boy jolted awake, and groaned.

"How is it that I'm always the last to wake up?" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes tiredly. Taehyun shrugged, as the other sat up and stretched.

"Beats me. I'm just used to getting up early," He replied, "The captain is still asleep though."

Yeonjun yawned, getting out of bed quietly. After Taehyun left the room, he got his clothes on, and tucked his sword into his waistbelt. Yeonjun walked out onto the main deck, looking around to see if anyone else was awake.

The sun had barely risen, the orange sun had slightly bled into the dark blue sky. Yeonjun rubbed his eyes tiredly again, sitting down on a crate. Beomgyu was standing on the side of the ship again and gazing through his telescope. Captain Soobin and Hueningkai were seated along the railing and eating fruit.

Yeonjun groggily walked over and looked up at Beomgyu.

"Hey.. Beomgyu, since you know you— emptied my pockets when you guys saved me," Yeonjun asked, "Do you think.. I could have my stuff back?"

Beomgyu lowered his telescope, turning to look at the other.

"Well good morning to you as well," He joked, jumping down and tucking the telescope into his pocket. Beomgyu reached into his coat, digging around in the pockets.

"I think I still have some of your stuff on me, most of it is with Hueningkai," Beomgyu replied, pulling out a short dagger. He threw it aside.

He proceeded to pull out a much longer knife with jagged teeth, which he also threw aside.

"C'mon I know I gotta have something in here," He mumbled, pulling out knife after knife and dropping it onto the deck. Yeonjun's eyes widened with surprise as he bent down to pick one of them up.

"DON'T TOUCH THAT ONE!" Beomgyu warned, as Yeonjun flinched, "That one's laced with poison."

He paused, then dug through his pockets some more, "Or was it the other ones..."

He took out a handful more knives, until Yeonjun and Beomgyu were standing near a pile of assorted blades.

"How many of these do you have?" Yeonjun asked, kicking a couple blades aside.

"Like I said, it's a secret," Beomgyu replied casually, then pulled out a small, burlap drawstring sack.

"Here's are the coins I found on you!" He said, handing it back to Yeonjun. He proceeded to dig around in his inner coat pockets until Yeonjun held up a hand.

"It's fine Beomgyu, I'll just ask Hueningkai if he has anything else," Yeonjun snickered, "I don't want you to empty out your entire knife collection."

"If you insist," Beomgyu shrugged, taking his hands out of his coat. Yeonjun helped Beomgyu put his knives back into his coat pockets, even though Yeonjun couldn't figure out where he'd gotten them in the first place.

Taehyun walked above deck, handing Yeonjun some bread and coffee.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Fine until you woke me up," Yeonjun mumbled, and slumped himself onto the deck. Taehyun chuckled, sitting down next to him.

"Sorry, if you want me to let you sleep next time just say the word," He responded, breaking off a piece of his bread and warming it up in some tea.

"Oh right, like I'm supposed to tell you in my sleep that I don't want to be woken up," Yeonjun joked, taking a bite of his breakfast.

"I meant just tell me the night before or something," Taehyun replied, "It's usually me who wakes everyone up in the mornings anyway."