part 2: Magic Island

The crew steered for a place to stop, lowering the anchor as the captain looked over the side of the ship. Magic Island looked a lot— darker than he had expected. Soobin looked up at the sky, seeing the star that hung above the island like a spotlight. It was no longer lighted, broken down as if no one had visited the island for years.

He raised an eyebrow, as the crew slowed the ship to a stop. They docked at the quiet island, looking around as the waves splash onto the muddy shore.

"Watch your step everyone, and be careful," Captain Soobin said as the five of them slowly got off the ship. Hueningkai lit a lantern, holding it carefully as he followed after his captain.

Taehyun also grabbed a lantern and scurried after the crew, looking around cautiously.

The fog seemed to clear up a little more while they looked around, stepping in the muddy shore. Captain Soobin squinted a little, looking in the distance.

They could see a forest of pale, white birch trees and brushes of overgrown grass. Staying together, they wandered into the forest, shining the lantern around.

Soobin could see in the corner of his eye there were odd carvings into the side of the tree. They appeared to be claw markings. He tilted his head curiously, running his thumb over the rough scratches.

"That's odd," he commented, looking around.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing... I just—.. It's just," he paused, "It seems like someone else has been here before us..." Hueningkai raised an eyebrow, looking around the bare trees and seeing their ship off in the distance.

The five of them quietly walked through the large forest, Captain Soobin looked around in amazement. His eyes had a spark of curiosity, looking around every little corner and kept glancing up towards the sky.

"I can't believe I'm actually here... we're actually here," he mumbled to himself. "After everything that's happened... we're here."

Taehyun and Yeonjun followed behind the captain, looking around meticulously. The tall, dark green grass brushed along their legs as they trudged through the island.

Captain Soobin looked around in wonder, a slight smile on his face. The five of them trudged through the barren island, shining their lanterns which reflected on the trees.

Their ship in the distance behind them seemed to disappear as they walked further into the forest. Tall, slender trees closed in on them and covered the path behind them. It seemed to be an endless array of trees, with a pale dirt road weaving through the intricate forest.

The crew arrived at a clearing of the forest, a mossy field of flowers laid in front of them. The field was also barren, most of the flowers had already wilted and the once colorful flowers were muted with wilting petals.

Captain Soobin raised an eyebrow, looking around the entire field. Slowly the five of them walked through the mossy field, trekking through the field of flowers. There was a path clearly paved through the field, welcoming the crew forward.

"It seems like someone's been here before to have created a path to follow..." Taehyun commented. "Or someone used to live on this island."

Beomgyu walked close to Captain Soobin, looking around anxiously at the tangled tree branches around them and the dark, mossy field. "Then what happened to the people who lived here?"

Hueningkai looked around the crew stopping in the middle of the field of flowers. "Do you think it was... the cat with blue and green eyes?"

Soobin paused, feeling a cold breeze brush past them after Hueningkai had spoken. The crew perked up, looking around.