part 4: illusion reef

The pirates stopped their ship at the port, tying their ship to the the sturdy posts. Beomgyu walked out first, following the captain gleefully. Yeonjun unsurely followed behind, glancing around the port.

"Alright, remember not to cause any trouble," Captain Soobin said firmly, "We're here for food and other resources we'll need for about— one month? Or at least a few weeks."

Hueningkai hummed in response, Beomgyu rolling his eyes.

"Come on Captain, you can't expect me not to cause trouble in a place like this," He scoffed, "You forgot you're talking to a pirate here, alright?"

"And you forgot you're speaking to your Captain," Soobin retorted, "Just— Try to stick together, alright?"

"Hueningkai and I are going to wait here for cargo... just remember to meet back here before it gets too dark," The captain continued, as the other crewmates nodded in agreement.

Captain Soobin and Hueningkai waited, seated by the dock posts and watched other ships approach.

Meanwhile, Taehyun, Yeonjun, and Beomgyu walked to the bustling marketplace ahead of them.

"SoOOo Yeonjun," Beomgyu began, "What kind of crew did you come from anyway? Were you a pirate too or just a plain old sailor?"

"I figured he was a sailor," Taehyun said, "Normally pirates don't get thrown overboard by their own crew."

"Well this one did," Yeonjun mumbled sarcastically, looking over at the market stands and their goods. Beomgyu and Taehyun exchanged a look, then looked over at Yeonjun.

"So, what should we do first?" Yeonjun asked, putting his hands in his pockets. Beomgyu walked past a nearby jewelry stand, peeking at all of the ornate necklaces and rings.

Casually, he placed his hand on the table and slipped a necklace into his pocket as he leaned closer to the table.

"Maybe we should look around at souvenirs," Beomgyu smiled, putting his hands in his pockets, "We won't be back for awhile, you know."

Yeonjun shrugged, Taehyun giving a light nudge.

"You said you wanted to get a sword, right?" He asked, looking around, "There should be vendors around selling them."

Yeonjun hummed in response, eyeing the different stands until he found one which caught his eye. He tugged at Taehyun's arm and pointed to a nearby market stand with hundreds of swords and shields hanging up.

"Can we look over there?"

Taehyun nodded, the two walking over. Yeonjun looked at the variety of different swords, picking up one and feeling it in his hand. It was comfortable to hold, however, the handle was a little too large for his hand. Yeonjun put the sword back, and brushed himself off.

He looked around some more, before finding a steel bladed axe. He picked it up, gripping the handle comfortably and showing Taehyun.

"Would you look at that," Yeonjun smiled, "I think I'll take this one."

It didn't seem too heavy, or too light. It seemed to be perfect for him. The end was sharp and pointy, while the other side had a broader blade.

"Do you want to look around more?" Taehyun asked, and commented, "I'm not sure if axes would do any good in a sword fight."

Yeonjun shrugged it off, "You could be right, maybe I could try to use both."

Taehyun shrugged, looking around.

"You could, I just think that's too much work," He replied, as Yeonjun put the axe back. He found another sword with a curved, steel blade. He picked it up, the blade was so shiny, he could see his own reflection on it.

"Axes are pretty cool," Yeonjun said, putting the sword back in its sheath, "But I think swords are more suited for me. I'm more used to using one."

Taehyun scoffed, "The captain used to use an axe, you could always borrow his if he'll let you."

Yeonjun nodded, reaching in his pocket to pay for the sword when he realized his pockets were empty.

"Oh, right," He mumbled, "Beomgyu emptied my pockets."

Taehyun snickered, reaching into his pocket and pulling out two silver coins, handing them to the merchant. Yeonjun fit his new sword comfortably in his belt, looked at Taehyun happily.

"Thanks, I'll pay you back when we get back to the ship-"

"No need to," Taehyun replied, "Consider it a little present, alright?"

Yeonjun paused, and smiled. Taehyun looked around, realizing Beomgyu was no longer with them. The other panicked, scanning through the crowd for him.

"Where the heck did he go?" Yeonjun wondered aloud, Taehyun peering over other peoples' shoulders.

"Causing trouble probably," He replied, "He always does this when we go somewhere. It's just a Beomgyu thing."

The two looked around calling out for him, but there was no answer. Then, in the corner of his eye, Yeonjun saw a familiar boy running towards them.

"Hey guys!" Beomgyu exclaimed, carrying an armful of peaches, "You won't believe what I found!"

Taehyun facepalmed, hiding his face in embarrassment. Beomgyu caught up with the two, handing a few peaches to Taehyun and Yeonjun. He noticed the sword in Yeonjun's belt.

"Oooh! Looks like you found something too," He smiled, "I thought I lost you guys back there, then I decided to do a bit of wandering myself."

The three started heading back to the ship, each carrying around three peaches in his hands. The sun had just barely disappeared past the horizon, a faint orange glow still bleeding into the sky.

They got back to the ship, where the captain and Hueningkai were still seated at the posts and waiting.

"About time you came back," Soobin joked, as the three walked onto the dock. Hueningkai happily took a peach from Beomgyu and bit into the delicious fruit.

"Did we take too long, Captain?" Taehyun asked, "We were getting a sword for Yeonjun and we almost lost Beomgyu."

They boarded their ship, Beomgyu rambling on about his feats running around the market.

"And there were fish! So many fish!" He beamed, "I would've brought one back if they weren't so slippery."

Hueningkai shared a bite of his peach with Beomgyu, savoring the sweet fruit. Taehyun and Yeonjun weren't sure what to do with all of the random peaches, knowing they would go bad in a few days.

They handed one to the captain, and decided to eat one for themselves. Yeonjun sat down on a crate, watching the sky turn a dark shade of navy blue.

"Alright! Prepare to set sail!" Captain Soobin exclaimed, "We'll be out at sea for at least a month or a few weeks the least."

Beomgyu held the peach in his mouth, running to lower the anchor. Hueningkai untied the ship from the dock posts. 

--
alrighthth quick announcement abt this book-- its probably going to be mostly 3rd person from this point on since its a lot easier for this type of thing,,, there will be 1st person here and there, but probably not as much as my other stories :D

okay thank u for reading i hope u liked the chapter!