part 14: a pirate duel

TW// VIOLENCE & BLOODSHED! If you are not comfortable reading, its okay to skip these next two chapters :)   These next two chapters will be violent and involve a lot of bloodshed until around-- Part 16/17.  

====

"This is fine, you know what? I can deal with this," Captain Soobin said, pacing back and forth, "We're vastly outnumbered, it's eight against five, but this is fine! We'll be okay!"

"Captain get your act together!" Hueningkai called, glancing up at the ship which was inching closer now, "Now's not the time to be scared, we've got company!"

Captain Soobin saw the ship was now close enough to see the silhouettes of other pirates. There wasn't enough time for the crew to steer themselves away. Suddenly, the other pirates launched steel grappling hooks, crashing into the side of their deck and tightly gripping the wood.

Taehyun and Yeonjun perked up, Beomgyu slowly backing away from the sight of the grappling hook. The ship was slowly pulled closer to the other, the crew not moving a single inch. Looking at their captain, who had a grave look on his face.

"Let me do the talking," Captain Soobin ordered, "All of you, stay quiet while I talk to the Captain."

They could see the other crew of pirates clearly, a few of them and crowded at the edge of their ship railing, waiting to attack like a pack of wild dogs. Swiftly, one of them jumped over, landing smoothly onto their deck with a satisfying thump. Two more boys jumped onto their deck, silence hanging in the air as they approached the crew.

"Captain Soobin! What a lovely surprise to see you out here."

"Captain Bang Chan," Soobin growled, as the other simply smirked. He glanced over to see Yeonjun standing next to Taehyun.

"I see you took in one of our former crew members," Captain Bang Chan remarked, crossing his arms across his chest. The other captain scowled, stepping in front of the crew.

"Cut to the chase, Bang. What do you want?"

Captain Bang Chan exchanged a glance with the other crewmates, then smirked again.

"I think you know exactly what I'm here for," he said in a sweet voice, "Come on, take a wild guess."

Captain Soobin scowled, "If it's the map you want, it's the map you're not going to get."

The other rolled his eyes, resting his hands on his hips.

"Oh come on, don't make this difficult," Captain Bang Chan pouted, shaking his head pitifully, "I don't mean any harm, all I want is that little glass bottle with the map inside."

"If you want the map, you'll have to go through us first!" Beomgyu spat, stepping forward. There was silence as the two looked at each other, Bang Chan letting out a slight laugh.

"Go through the five of you?" he chortled, then raised his hand in objection, "More like the four of you really, wasn't it one of you who doesn't know how to fight?"

"It's four against eight, Captain Soobin," Minho said with a smile, "Handing over the map would be your best option if you don't want your crew to get hurt."

Beomgyu scoffed, leaning on Hueningkai's shoulder. Not taking his eyes off the other, he smiled mischievously.

"I wouldn't leave Hueningkai out of the count, you don't want to underestimate him," Beomgyu teased, "Besides Bang Chan, haven't you forgotten it's possible we could take on multiple at once?"

"Don't forget you're talking to Captain Soobin's crew," he continued, gesturing to the other two, "And you're on our ship. Our turf."