part 17: quick, distract!!

a/n: this chapter takes the cake for being the longest chapter in this book! :D with a word count of 2165 words & 10,240 characters excluding spaces :D

====

The crew's ship had stopped in a dock, a couple members of Captain Bang Chan's crew hopping over to theirs to help steer the ship into its port.

This island looked a lot more lively than the others the crew had been to, the ports were crowded and bustling with people. Yeonjun looked around the ship ports as the anchor was lowered.

"Captain, where are we?" he asked.

"For once, I don't know," Soobin replied worriedly, "I don't think I've ever been here before... either that or it's just changed so much I barely recognize it anymore..."

"If I had my map I would've had a decent idea," the captain murmured, taking a swift look around.

"I think I know where we are," Hueningkai commented bluntly, "Horizon Island, known for their colorful sunsets and night views."

"My parents took me here once for a fancy dinner!" Hueningkai informed proudly, "We rarely traveled though, I've only been here once to see family."

Beomgyu nodded, "You think we could find someone to help us out here?"

"Most likely," Hueningkai reassured, glaring at Captain Bang Chan, "If we find a way to escape."

The crew waited until Bang Chan's crew were gathered elsewhere, the five of them huddled together and quietly formed a plan.

"We're still going with the plan of Taehyun and Yeonjun going to find help, right?" Beomgyu asked, raising an eyebrow, "If I could get my foot free I might be able to get that knife over there."

"If we don't have any other options, that's all I could think of," Soobin sighed, looking at the rest of the crew, "Kai, Beomgyu, you stay here with me. We just need a distraction long enough to get Taehyun and Yeonjun off board."

Yeonjun faltered, "Where will Taehyun and I go? Hueningkai should come with us since he's familiar with the area."

The boy hesitated, and shrugged.

"I don't think I would be much use..." He mumbled, "I don't fight, I haven't been here in ages, and the list goes on!"

Beomgyu groaned in frustration, rolling his eyes.

"Now's not the time to mope," He said firmly, "We better decide fast or we'll all walk the plank."

Hueningkai hesitated, clenching his fists. He looked up at the other crewmates hopefully.

"I'll go with you two," he said finally, looking over at the other two.

"There's a marketplace in the plaza where a lot of richer folk are, its best to avoid somewhere like that. Especially with the condition we're in..." he said, wriggling his hands in the tight rope.

"So," Hueningkai said carefully, "There's a trading post in the plaza where a lot of other pirates go sometimes. My family used to tell me to avoid that place, but I beg to differ."

Taehyun and Yeonjun listened attentively, as Hueningkai continued. Beomgyu and Soobin were keeping an eye out in case anyone else had been listening to them plan.

"If you can't find someone to help us," Beomgyu suggested, "There's always the option of the five of us escaping together and abandoning the ship—"

"I'm not gonna leave the ship!" Soobin replied firmly, "It's gonna cost us a fortune to buy another one, by the time we get on the way again, Captain Bang Chan'll probably catch up to us!"