part 18: friends or foes?

Captain Soobin's body slammed against the ship deck. He groaned, clutching his stomach tightly. Bang Chan walked over and grabbed the other by the shirt collar. He winced, glaring at the other captain.

"I'm going to ask you one more time," He scowled, "Where. Is. The. Map."

Captain Soobin wiped the cut on his lip, glaring at his enemy.

"I'm not telling," Soobin panted, "Beat me all you want. It's not on this ship. You'll never find it, not anytime soon."

Bang Chan raised an eyebrow, seeing the members of his crew searching the ship. He had rushed over after the commotion, quickly putting a stop to them after Beomgyu had badly hurt Changbin with his knives.

Bang Chan looked over at Soobin again, frustration in his eyes. The other captain faltered, his chest heaving and his hair a ruffled mess.

"Your crewmates ran off with it, didn't they?"

"Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't," Soobin huffed, "At least it's not in your hands."

Captain Bang Chan scowled, turning to Felix and Hyunjin.

"Find me those three and bring me the map," He said firmly, the other three nodded obediently.

"Yes Captain!"

Beomgyu and Soobin were tied up again, below deck and locked in a room. The captain sighed, lying down on his back. He winced again, clutching his arm. Beomgyu's knives were taken again, this time further out of reach.

"I hope the others are okay," he whispered, Beomgyu laying down next to him.

"Don't worry Captain," Beomgyu panted, "They're smart. We'll be out of this mess in no time."

"But what about you?" the boy asked, "Are you okay? You suffered a lot of hits back there—"

"I've been better," the captain answered, "Not great—... but I'm still alive."

Beomgyu hummed in response, as Captain Soobin closed his eyes to rest. The other glanced over at his captain, who had fallen asleep lying on the wooden floor. Beomgyu curled up next to him, closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.

<————⚔️⎈⚔️————>

Yeonjun, Taehyun, and Hueningkai froze at the sight of the other two looking back at them. They didn't look angry, their expressions were difficult to read.

"What are you three doing near our stuff?" one of them asked, resting his hands on his hips. Hueningkai laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh- Well— You see here—"

Yeonjun glanced behind him to see a couple members of Bang Chan's crew walking down from the ship and on the docks. His eyes widened with shock, then looked back at the other two.

"Could we— Talk this out on your ship?" Yeonjun asked, chuckling nervously.

The boy with the spear raised an eyebrow, "No. We're not going to. Answer my friend's question."

Taehyun turned around to see what had Yeonjun so panicked, then saw the other pirates in the distance. His eyes widened with surprise, then laughed nervously again.

"Listen, we weren't messing with your stuff or anything..." Hueningkai explained, scratching the back of his head, "We're just—... a little bit lost. We're not familiar with this area, so we figured we would ask around for directions."

The two didn't seem impressed.

"And you decided to ask for help... by hiding behind our stuff and watching us?"