1

Abigail's POV

I stood before the old museum of Bedrock. This costal city is a famous tourist attraction for it's beautiful beach and extravagant parties. This old museum is not the place one would come to visit usually. However, I am here to see the original locket of the Queen of Quahog.

Or rather, to steal it.

I am used to stealing small artifacts and jewelry off the streets but this would be my biggest steal yet. If I manage to get my hands on that beautiful blue locket, I can sell it off in the black market for a good price.

With that amount of money, I can get enough money to never steal again.

Before I could enter the museum, I felt the gentle wind hit against my face. I looked back to notice that the sun setting on the ocean. The bright yellow seemed to mix with the vast blue underneath and I was taken a back by its beauty.

Had I not been a con artist for the past five years, I might have been here as a tourist. Enjoying the sunny day and swimming against the waves instead of planning a heist.

A sigh unknowingly left my lips.

Turning back, I looked at the guards.

" Hello! Isn't it a good day? ", I greeted them cheerfully.

" Good day Madam. Do you have a pass to go in today? Only people with a VIP pass can enter. ", One of the guard informed and I pulled out a plain piece of paper and placed it right in front of their eyes.

" Is this is a joke— ", the other guard was about to speak when I pulled out my lighter and flicked it on. The fire shone right in front of their eyes.

I started moving the lighter gently, from one side to another making the fire look like it was dancing. They both stopped moving so I knew that my hypnotism has started working.

" Here! My VIP pass. ", I handed the paper to him and he took it diligently.

" Okay, Please walk this way. ", They said in a monotonous voice as they made way for me. I quickly walked in and turned around to face them as they held the empty plain piece of paper in their hands.

My hypnosis was flawless.

" Step one completed. ", I muttered to myself and walked over to the art museum where a lot of people were gathered. My eyes continuously shifted from one end to another, spotting the CCTVs and looking for the perfect blind spot.

That's when I noticed a guy standing at the other end of room, looking at one of the art pieces.

The place he was standing at was the perfect blind spot for me to hide.

" Hello! Isn't that a lovely painting? ", I asked him and he looked at me with suprise.

" Do you think this is beautiful? I don't even understand what it's trying to show! People pay all this money to see art pieces that doesn't even make any sense... ", The guy ranted out, which made me focus on him.

I looked at the painting and just like he mentioned, it didn't make any sense. They were just a bunch of colorful paint strokes on a canvas.

" Isn't this what people call contemporary art? " , I asked.

" Those are literally straight lines cris crossed all over. I used to make these lines to play tic tac toe when I was six. ", He retorted back and his statement made me laugh.

" I guess it makes sense but isn't this what they call the modern art? Did you expect a painting that would give you goosebumps? ", I shrugged.

" Obviously I did... ", He responded and I looked at him. The guy looked around my age, maybe a few years older.

" I can do that for you. ", I let out a laugh before pulling out my lighter.

" How on earth will you— ", He started but as I lit the fire, he zoned out and went silent.

" Look to the fire. ", I whispered and he did. " You can now see the most beautiful art that will make your heart shiver. The meaningless drawing in front of you doesn't exist. You can see a rendition of one of your favourite memories. Look at the painting. "

As I finished speaking, he looked at the painting and I snapped my fingers. Instantly, his eyes widened in shock.

" Wow... ", He whispered in awe as he looked at the same piece that he disliked a moment ago.

I wonder what he might be seeing.

" I'll be taking my leave then, Mister. ", I excused myself and started walking away from him towards the stairs as there were no cameras there. After a couple of tiresome minutes, I was finally on the fifth floor. Numerous rooms with tiny nameplates all over.

Finally, I reached the Quahog room.

I entered the room and saw a guard sitting right next to the royal locket. He watched every person who walked in that room.

" What a trouble. ", I sighed because I have to perform another hypnosis on him. It usually takes a toll on me and doing it back to back makes me weak.

" I think this is your lighter. ", I said innocently as I pulled out my lighter. He came forward to inspect when I flicked it open and blew the fire towards him.

" What is your house? ", I asked.

" My house is fifteen minutes away from this museum. ", He said with the same monotonous voice. He watched the the fire move gently.

" You look very tired. How about you go back home and fall asleep? ", I ordered him and he nodded. Before he could walk off, I took the keys from his belt and watched him walk out.

Silently, I unlocked the glass box and pulled out the blue diamond placed on the royal locket. I shoved it down my pocket and walked out.

I reached the ground floor and looked at the painting, in hopes of finding the boy and reversing my hypnosis but he was already gone.

" Ah! A loud sharp noise usually breaks the hypnosis. I guess he snapped out of it and left... ", I said to myself before walking out of the museum. The guards were still standing still with the piece of paper in their hands.

I clapped near their ears and they snapped out of the hypnosis. They looked at me with suprise.

" Oh? I didn't see you there. Hello good evening Ma'am. Can I see your VIP pass? ", The guard asked.

" You need a VIP pass to enter? Can't I go in just like that? ", I said, rather dramatically and he shook his head.

" No entry without a VIP pass. "

" Awh nevermind. I'll leave. ", I said as I walked away from the museum with the blue locket in my pockets.

---🚏

Stuck With You | ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara