11

Abigail's POV :

I finally got into Ralph's boarding house, ofcourse for a price. Even though I wanted to leave this city as soon as possible, there were no flights available so I have to wait till tomorrow. Taking the passport from Robert, I decided to stay with Ralph for the night.

When I was first brought into this world of crimes and betrayal, he was the brother figure I never had. He was an informer before he escaped and now runs an auction house in Bedrock. Even though he loves me very much like a sister, he despises anyone who still works for Noah or his dad.

Me being one, he wasn't willing to let me in but when I told him about how I'll not be able to get a roof above my head tonight, he allowed me to stay in but with a condition.

" I will have a high level financers who will come to our auction tonight to decide if they want to put money or not and you must impress them by making their time here the best. ", Ralph said and I agreed. With some of my mass hypnosism and charm, I should be able to perform well enough.

" If they don't give us money by the end of the day then I'll not let you stay here, okay? ", Ralph also mentioned.

I laid back in my room when I remembered about Darcy. I hope he's not sick anymore and has gone back to where he is supposed to be.

" Ughhh! I miss him. Why am I being like this? I literally left for his own good but I want to see him again! ", I groaned into my pillow so I decided to go out for a walk outside to take Darcy out of my mind and plan out what to do for tonight.

Exiting the Auction house, I stepped outside to see a car moving alongside. I didn't think much about it till I heard a known voice.

" Aby! ", the voice called out and even though Darcy called me by that name too, I knew it wasn't him.

" Noah! How on earth did he find me here? ", I groaned in and turned around to see the car stop and Noah get down. His gang right after him.

" Noah! You know I'm with Ralph right now so back off. You'll just be in problem if you try to even touch me. ", I said as my hands went behind to pull out my lighter that I can use in case of emergency but to my horror, I realised that I forgot it inside.

" Aww! So where is Ralph? I don't see him anywhere and I don't see your lighter as well. You are powerless right now! ", He laughed and started walking towards me.

" Li-Listen. Don't do anything that you are gonna regret okay? Ba-Back off! ", I said as my words stuttered a bit. I was scared but I can't show that to him.

" Why are you being scared? I'm your boyfriend right? You used to love me. ", He smiled.

" Ex! You are my bloody ex. ", I yelled before trying to run back in but he already grabbed my hands and pulled me down on the floor.

" Boys, pick her up. ", Noah said as he crossed my hands behind me. Some more hands grabbed my legs and lifted me up when Noah dropped me on the floor.

" Ow! What the hell? Can't you even kidnap people properly now a days? ", I yelled and looked up to get the shock of my life.
" Darcy!? "

Noah and another guy on the ground, Darcy stood with a leg on Noah's hand.

" How dare you try to kidnap her like that? Bloody goons. ", Darcy pressed his legs even further into his hands. Noah's other men quickly pushed him away and helped Noah get up.

" Darcy! What are you doing here! ", I got up and asked him but he didn't answer but instead he grabbed onto Noah's collars.

" Whatever the fuck you are planning on against Aby, I'll make sure to come in between and ruin it all. I'm not scared of you petty goons who think they can just do whatever they want and control anyone. ", Darcy said gritting his teeth. Seeing Darcy in a way I've never seen before made me a bit surprised.

" Oh dear! Aby! You already got a pretty boy to protect yourself but have you told him that what is mine stays mine? ", Noah let out a disgusting laugh before kicking Darcy in his guts, making him fall down.

" Mine? You say mine? She's not yours any way. Neither emotionally or physically. You aren't a part of her life anymore so she's not your! She's not anyone's! ", Darcy hissed out at him while wriggling in pain. I got down and helped him sit up.

" OOO! I'm so scared! ", Noah looks at his hands that were now bleeding because of Darcy and furiously slapped him. A little blood appeared from the side of his lips.
" Everything that I want is mine. So Aby is mine as well and for you it's Abigail. Only I can call her Aby. "

Hah! This nonsensical asshole.

Noticing a huge rock on one of the pavements, I picked it up to threw it at Noah when a small stone hit his head. A stone that I didn't throw.
I looked around to see Ralph coming in.

" And this place is mine where disgusting boys like you aren't allowed. I'll call your father so before I do that! GET. AWAY! ", Ralph screamed and threw some more rocks at them.

Noah glanced at both of us.

" I'll come back because you have no where to hide. Once you walk out of here, I'll catch you two. Darcy is your name right? Be ready to die. ", Noah yelled and got on his car. In a minute, he was gone.

" Noah is scared of his dad? ", Darcy asked making a funny expression.

" Yeah because even though I'm not a member of that wretched group, his father still respects me very much. If I make a call, he'll call Noah back. ", Ralph answered when I suddenly realised that these two absolute strangers are talking.

" Wait? How do you two know each other? ", I stopped them both.

" Darcy came here looking for you but he ran into me. This sweet boy even saved me from falling down so I decided to help. When he told me that he came here because he heard Noah is coming to find you, we both hurried here.
", Ralph explained and I looked at him. All that dramatic notes and feelings went down the drain but I'm glad to see him here. Even though it also costs his safety because he's an obvious target now.

" Thanks for coming but— ", I started when he shushed me and pulled me into a hug. I was shocked but it didn't feel wrong or out of place.

" Look, I know we don't know each other that well but I was still worried about you. I would have left but then I realised the reason why I decided to help you in the first place... because I didn't want you to be alone. No one deserves to be alone so I came running for you. ", Darcy said, his voice all toned down and healed.

---🚏