8

Darcy's POV :

" Do you think we can roam around like this? We won't possibly get caught here, can we? ", I asked as we walked by the sea side.

The cold breeze hit my skin and as I looked over to Abigail. I saw my shirt on her, waver around exposing her neckline after every second or so.

" I guess we can. Even if they do spot us, we can just run again. ", She shrugged when I saw her suddenly about to trip so I grabbed her hand. I pulled her up before she could fall on the ground.

" Careful. ", I whispered.

" Yeah... The sand is kinda... ", She tried to come up with a reason for her clumsiness but failed. Her doe shaped eyes looked up at me which made me blush again. To avoid her from seeing me flustered, I helped her stand up.

" For someone as cool as you who hypnotise people and steal from high security museums, you sure are clumsy. ", I chuckled while walking forward.

" Darcy? Are you trying to demean me? Should I try my lighter on you? ", She threatened but I quickly moved away from her and covered my eyes.
" For someone so old, you sure are scared. ", She teased me with a laugh.

Offended, I looked up and glared at her.

" What do you mean old? I'm literally twenty four. I'm not as old as you think. ", I hissed at her.

" Oh and I'm twenty one and your ass is old. Fossil looking boy. ", Abigail rolled her eyes.

" F-Fossil! You did not just say call me a fossil. Then what are you? A fetus? Oh a fetus looking girl. ", I teased her back but she just stood there with her mouth wide open.

" Darcy!! ", Aby stumped her legs and started walking towards the sea. I quickly followed her and grabbed her shirt back.

" What are you doing? Don't go into the water like that. ", I said but she moved away.

" Don't tell me, you are even scared of the sea. ", She spoke while chuckling and stepped further into the water. In my childhood, I had fallen into a pool and almost drowned so I have been terrified of it ever since.
" You sure you don't want to come here and wet your feet. The water is cold and it feels nice. "

" It's okay. You enjoy. ", I said, hearing which she bent down and splashed some water against her face. I quickly sat down on the sand and looked down at the setting sun, when I noticed her sparkling with all the water drops on her body that reflected the sun rays.

After having a serious burnout at work, my father decided to send me off to a vacation at Bedrock. I won't be lying that the vacation was totally boring or painful to pass by but I was lonely. Money can buy every happiness in the world except for companionship.

As I sit on the beach, watching Abigail playing around in the water- my entire world felt different.

I wondered how everything will end.

Will she go back with me? Will Noah catch both of us before we can run away? Or fate is going to play some other cards...

I looked up at the sky to see that black clouds rumbling in. It's probably gonna rain so I decided to inform Aby that we need to find a shelter for the night.

Getting up, I looked at Abigail to see her about to trip again. Forgetting the water between us, I ran upto her and tried to catch her before she could fall but I fell in water along with her.

 Forgetting the water between us, I ran upto her and tried to catch her before she could fall but I fell in water along with her

Looking up, I realised that Abigail's face was extremely close to mine. The water waves went in and out of my shirt and instinctively I would have got out of there but right now I couldn't.

Should I move? But she is right on top so how exactly do I move? Can't I ask her to get up? But I don't want her to...

" Are you okay? ", She asked as her fingers moved away some of her hair strands from my face.

" If I didn't have a whole human on top of me. ", I joked and she rolled her eyes.

" Asshole. ", Saying so, Abigail got up and I pulled myself up. The water reaching upto my waist and like she said, it did feel pretty good.
" I think it's gonna rain... "

Almost as soon as she said those words, I felt a couple of drops on my skin. Soon enough the whole sea surface was disrupted by the the water drops.

" Wow. How long has it been since I've watched the sea like this! ", She said to herself

" Then watch it for sometime. You have all the time in the world. ", I said as I pulled her down. Abigail sat next to me and watched the sun slowly disappear into the water. I felt my nose tingle a bit but I ignored it and kept sitting in the rain.

The sun disappeared completely and it was dark now. Shops were turning on their lights and the lamp posts started to flicker on. The sun lit day has finally turned into night and the rain was now much lighter.

" DA-DARCY!? ", Abigail yelled as she turned towards me.

" What? ", I attempted to speak but my voice cracked as I spoke.

" Your face is all red. You should have told me that you can't handle cold like this! ", She got up and helped me up. I myself couldn't get up or walk straight but I didn't realise my state because I was sitting in one position for over an hour. She must have been used to rains like these but it's new for me, so I caught a cold.
" Hold tightly on to me and don't let go. "

My hands were over her shoulder as we walked over to the roadside.

" There's no good hotels nearby. Should we stay in a motel for tonight? ", She asked and I nodded. I just wanted to sit down and rest for a minute.

" I feel terrible for asking you in this situation but I'm short on cash. Can you give me some of yours? I'll pay you back as s- ", she started but I quickly handed her my wallet. She calmed down and took it from.

" It's- it's okay. Just do whatever. ", I said when I saw her take the both of us into a motel.

" Would you take one room? ", The receptionist asked to which I expected her to ask for two but she just nodded and paid for one.

" One room? Wh-What are you planning on? ", I asked trying to humor her even though I was still struggling to speak.

" Do you want me to leave you alone in a room so that you get even more sick overnight and get hospitalized tomorrow? I have to get you some warm clothes, buy some spicy food so that you can sweat out all your cold. Even a hot stea- ", she was explaining but I shushed her.

" Stop! We are already here. Just do whatever you feel like. ", I said as I spotted the room. Unlocking the door, I got in and dropped on the bed. Abigail helped me put on the blanket and set up the heater in the room high.

" Take some rest. I'll be back in a minute. ", She said and left the room.

---🚏