20

Darcy's POV :

I woke up from what felt like a slumber that went on for about two or three days. The feeling of waking early was short lived when I felt a weight on my body. Quickly getting up to check, I saw an unknown women on my chest, passed out. We both were drenched and my leg was bruised.

" What the fuck? ", I hurriedly got up and shifted the women to one side.
How on earth am I hear like this? There's no possible way that I am this close to a woman but then, why can't I remember anything!

I studied my surroundings again.

We both are drenched, I have a bruised leg, I can't swim and she was blacked out on my chest.
Did I perhaps fall into water and she saved me? She was probably too exhausted so she passed out right here...?

" Ugh! Why can't I remember anything! Did I hit my head as well? I usually don't go near water because I am scared, so how am I here? Nothing is making sense!! ", I groaned in annoyance so I looked at the girl in hopes of getting my answers.

But she wasn't in a state to give me one. I eyed her closely.

" I love you Darcy. ", A faint memory like a flash went off in my head the moment I saw her face.
Why would those words come to mind when I look at this unknown woman?

" Okay! Calm yourself Darcy. It's probably the post trauma of this incident so we just need to get to the hospital and then we can talk about this mess. ", I decided by myself when I saw two men walking around taking a stroll. Waving my hands in the air, I called them and they hurried over to see the both of us. An ambulance was called immediately.

---

The girl was admitted to the hospital and I got my first aid done. Soon enough, I could walk but with a little limp.

" Excuse me? Are you Darcy Baron? ", A hospital staff asked me as I was dressing up into some warm and dry clothes.

" Yes? "

" Near where we found you, some people reported belongings with your ID in it. There's a phone, some cards and cash, two passports and this lighter. ", The man said and handed me a transparent polythene bag with the said objects.

" Two passports? Only one of the two is mine and this lighter, these don't belong to me. ", I said, trying to give those stuff back but he stopped.

" It probably belongs to the girl you were admitted with. ", The man said bluntly and walked away.

" Okay then tak- ", I tried to speak but he was already too far for me to complete my sentence so I just sat back and threw the bag to the side.
" Jeez! What a nuisance. "

A few minutes passed and I was suddenly curious about the woman. The least that I can do is know what her name is. Succumbed to my curiosity, I opened the passport to see the girls picture and her name.

Abigail Walters.

My heart jolted a bit as I read her name but there can't be a logical reason as to why. This is the first time I've heard of this name yet it kept ringing a bell that seems too familiar.

" Abigail... ", I whispered to myself when my eyes went over her lighter.
Does she smoke?
She's probably a chain smoker as the lighter is the only thing she has on her beside the passport. Not even her phone or money.

" I wonder why that kind of a person would try to save me... I shouldn't judge someone too soon. ", I scolded myself when the phone rang. It was my dad.

" Hello? "

" YOU WERE IN AN ACCIDENT! I GOT NEWS THAT YOU ALMOST DROWNED AND HURT YOUR LEGS! HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN! ", my dad yelled into his phone from the other side.

" Dad! How did you know already? Besides that, I'm fine now. Some girl, she saved me and I'm in the hospital now. Don't worry about it. ", I reassured him but he still seemed tense.

" As long as you are fine, my son. I've already sent a car and my personal body guard to bring you back because I'm not going to let my only son die at some beach like this! ", He said, " I'll keep the call for now. Take rest. "

" Thanks dad. Bye. ", I disconnected the call and turned around to keep my phone when I looked at the bag again. Out of everything, the lighter with intricate design stood out to me the most.

" Mr. Darcy? Are you feeling fine now? ", A nurse interrupted my staring. I nodded at her.
" Great then, take some rest and I'll prepare for your discharge bill. "

" Excuse me! ", I called out.
" Along with me, take money for the girl who got admitted with me as well. It seems that she doesn't have any money with her. "

" Okay, Will do. ", She smiled.

" Oh and- ", I called the nurse again,
" is she okay now? "

" Yes. She's still unconscious but she has received all the required medicine well so she'll get back her consciousness before a day or two. ", The nurse informed and left.

" Two days? Then I guess we won't be meeting each other again. Abigail Walters. ", I said to myself, a bit disappointed.

Even though I didn't get much time to catch up on her face, it felt familiar and very pretty. Usually pretty girls make me nervous but somehow her's was very calming and comfortable. It's a feeling I've never felt before...
I got up from my bed and decided to take a stroll on the corridors to pass some time and clear my mind. As I walked by countless operation theatres and ICUs, I stopped near one.

Peeking in, I discovered Abigail sleeping like she was taking a rest after ages.

" I love you Darcy. ", Those words flashed in my head yet again and I crouched down in discomfort. Those words weren't the one that caused pain but the empty feeling of not remembering anything did.

" Who even are you... ", I whispered through the glass door between me and her.

-🚏-

❛❛From all the memories stored in my heart, I gather up the ones of you and link them together. Gazing at them projected across the room, I feel you with every burst of pain...

-bts 'film out'
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
(a/n : Part Two of STUCK WITH YOU will be uploaded in here. I'm currently writing the second part. Till then, I'll just mark this book as completed.)

Thank you for reading.